Monday, July 17, 2023

what is going on?

Folks... I am not sure what is going on.  It is well known that I don't join things, I stay very much to myself, I have long since stopped volunteering and I definitely don't entertain.  None of those things describes me in the least.  Since I've become a homemaker, I am usually quite content to live in my quiet, peaceful bubble and let the chaos of the world drift past. 

I rarely find myself even seeking out others, much less agreeing to lead groups.  What is going on? Am I losing my mind?  I mean seriously in the past two weeks I have agreed to do things that are completely on the outside of my comfort zone and I've done so with a grateful and joyous heart. 

I am finding myself looking forward to these opportunities.  Heck, I even suggested to Hubs that we have friends over for dinner tonight.  Quick, someone needs to get a thermometer, I must have a fever or something.  He is the outgoing, social human in this family.  I am not. Yet, here I am filling out our calendar with social events, volunteering for church events, signing us up to vend at craft shows.  What in the blazes is going on?  

On Sunday our pastor led an incredible prayer for married couples.  It was exactly what my heart needed in that moment.  Hubs and I are sneaking up on our 20th anniversary.  If you know the back stories, you know that many said we would never get there.  We knew otherwise and those naysayers will definitely have to eat their words. 

My best friend, my heart ❤

We've toyed with many different ways to celebrate it.  Hubs would like something far more social than I want (again remember I am not the outgoing one in the family).  I think we have come to a happy medium, something that fills both of our hearts.  The journey to this special place in time has had a few lumps, bumps and bruises.  Nothing that prayer and faith couldn't smooth out and heal.  

As pastor led this prayer, I found tears of pure happiness trying to sneak out of my eyes.  I am blessed, I know I am blessed and to have that special moment unexpectedly at time, is indescribable.  I know I keep saying this, maybe I am a broken record.  I feel strongly that God led me to our church, in the same way that I feel God brought me to Hubs.  Each time I have said "I can't", God has said "I can".  

I am finding such an amazing and diverse group of friendships in our church family.  People that I not only want to be around, but will find ways to be around.  I am finding inspiration that carries me through the week, I want to read deeper, I want to understand the message. I find myself trying to remember the praise worship songs and humming them throughout the week. I look forward to being a part of something far greater than myself and my quiet bubble. 

Saturday will find me not only volunteering to help at VBS, but heading up a group.  Things that I walked away from a really long time ago.  Instead of anxiety, I am looking forward to it.  I admit, I'm thankful it is only a day, dipping my toe in is more my style than jumping into the deep end of the pool. 

I guess I am being guided to step out of my bubble.  It's all sort of strange and energizing at the same time. But right now, I am being guided to the pet store to pick up the puppies order.  Mom was slacking and there is a strong need for treats. 

Time to pick up the treats and of course people food for dinner... much love and prayers...





2 comments:

  1. Good one! Luv the pics! Especially the one with you and me;-) 381+

    ReplyDelete
  2. 💜 I feel ya!!

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...