Sunday, August 19, 2018

Exhaustion...

Muscles hurt, deep down almost to the bone.

It's a good hurt.  The bone weary kind that comes from good honest hard work.

Hubs and I have been on a mission this weekend.  He spent so much time helping our girl.  She is changing her world around.  So many things that have needed done, she is tackling it all, mostly by herself.  We are a bit too busy to give her unlimited time. But we love being able to help her... we love sharing the joy of being family.


I chose this weekend to work on our home.  I've been struggling with so many things this year, that I think for a bit I just stopped caring.  No energy, no drive, no desire to participate in the day to day of life.

I spent 4 hours today simply doing laundry, ironing, sorting through closets and drawers.  It felt amazing. It felt like I was reconnecting with my life.  While I was gently pressing creases in Hubs work slacks and ironing what felt like a mountain of Harley shirts, he was busy helping our daughter remove a play set that was rotting away.  In a hurry before the baby fell got hurt in her hurry to grow up and explore her surroundings.

Time has been spent cleaning, lifting stones, cleaning food and snot off the baby's face.  She's got a bit of congestion going on so lunch was interesting.



Hubs and I spent time entertaining her and tracking down all the gallons of stain that our girl needed for her current project. She is such a sweetie and listening to her using the few words she's mastered and the ones she is still trying to learn just makes me giggle.


I finally learned to work the Instapot... well maybe... I did master dog food and the best part... they loved it.  Mr. Fussy - Gator - munched down a bowl and a half. Although one piece of broccoli did find a way back out.  Okay... he spit it out.  It was hysterical watching him chomp, chew and spit it.  I didn't know a dog could literally spit, but he did.  Evidently, he is related to former President Bush - he doesn't like broccoli and he is not going to eat it!


The fact that both of them ate it, filled me to over flowing with joy.  Both of them have been battling stomach issues for over a week.  I hate to see them suffering and I always question the food "by-products" they pass off as real food.  I shouldn't have to coax my boys to eat their dinner.  They should want to eat it.  Although I will admit that my stomach was doing absolute flip flops with that liver.  EWWWW!


Our girl fixed us dinner as we were preparing dinner for her.  I promised a grandson lasagna (his favorite) as a house warming present, it's just as easy to make multiples so I did!  One for the girls and one for us tomorrow night when one of my B's is here. We are not doing exceptional transitioning to vegetarian meals, but that is just fine, for now.


Walking back through the door tonight, I was mesmerized by how much like a home our house smells tonight. We've been eating out far too often.  I haven't had the time or energy to cook.  Tonight between the lasagna, the Greek Chicken from the girls and ironically the dog food.  It smells homey. You can actually smell the love.

Well, the cicada's are singing and my bone weary body is calling for an early night, or is that the glass of wine?

Either way, it's time to call it quits for the day.... my pillow is calling, I'm sure that is what I hear...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...