Wednesday, January 22, 2020

powerful...

Strong. Steady. Focused.

This morning as the sky had barely started to lighten, still no promise of the rising sun gently kissing the sky.  I laced up my walking shoes and for the first time in three days I felt ready to deal with the world.  A minor bug had sidelined me a bit.  Life's way of saying stop, rest.

It was a whopping 25 degrees of bitterness, as it had been so cold before, it felt like a minor heat wave.  As I popped my earbuds in and opened YouTube - looking for the speaker my dear friend recommended (Abraham Hicks for anyone feeling so drawn) - there it was.  At the top of my screen "A Message from the Universe".  All decorated in pink flowers, bold and clear.

I was drawn to it.  At first when it said it was recorded in May of 2019, I almost skipped.  I told myself it was because I didn't want to take my gloves off to push the buttons.  That it was simply too cold.  Besides it was less than 15 minutes.  I could handle anything for 15 minutes.

I started my walk.

My steps were strong, they haven't been.  My energy has been very low and I've felt less than.  I wasn't fast, that is never the point of my walks.  I hadn't decided how far I was going to walk, just knew that I needed that time in the fresh air.  I needed to clear my head to be ready to face what promised to be a long day. I knew that the glittering stars and the crisp morning air was calling to me.

Initially, I was only semi-listening to the words in my ears.  I think I heard them, because bits and pieces were resonating with me.  I usually think about a blog while walking or in moments of peace.  So much inspiration is there when it becomes silent.

As I allowed my mind to quiet and my heart to start listening to the words, I felt validated.  I felt like it truly was a message that I needed.  It focuses on becoming selfish.  Not out of a lack of love for others, but out of a strong desire to be more loving.

It gave me hope to remain steady in my journey.  Each of us is on a journey.  Each of us has the absolute power to create a life of love, plenty, joy and fulfillment.  Not all of us are ready to hear that, to internalize it, or to move forward.  To be steady.

I am nearing the end of the 7th month of my journey, my intentional focused journey.  There are missteps.  There are moments that I feel defeated.  There are moments that I allow negative energy to invade my most inner energy.

And then magic happens.

Was it a random algorithm that selected that as my listening option this morning?  There are thousands of other talks that could have shown up.  There are other speakers, topics and directions the algorithms could have selected.

This mornings talks held me focused.  They reassured me that I am on the right path on my journey.  That I am healing my body, mind and spirit.  As I wandered my neighborhood at a steady pace, I was able to bask in the brilliance of a breathtaking and inspiring sunrise.  As I came around the corner at the crest of the hill I was walking on, I had to stop to take the picture.  To capture the gift given to me. Another mile in I was able to lift my face to absorb the rays of a dazzling early morning sun that filled the horizon before my steps.

As I completed my remaining laps and listened intently to the series of 10 to 15 minute talks, I had not realized that I had already walked over 4.5 miles.  My legs were freezing (might need to invest in some lined leggings for the winter months), my toes a bit frosty also, but my heart was full, my soul felt refreshed and ready for whatever lie ahead.

As I sat down to eat my sunshine inspired breakfast of mango and blueberries, I felt peace.

My head still hurts.   But I know that the journey is right.  I am searching for ways to help heal my sweet hubs naturally.  I really have a visceral hatred of medications and a medical field that seems intent on prescribing to the symptoms and refusing to see and or treat the causes.

He's not sleeping well... We are now trying Golden Milk (yep... went with the vegan options).  Last night we both slept deep and woke well rested.  No one night does not equal success.  But we will keep on trying.

Each of us has a different journey.  May I encourage you to reach deep and find that place in your most powerful inner being to follow your hopes, dreams, to be okay with asking for and living in abundance. Since I was a very young adult I have resonated with the statement "what you think about, you bring about".  Reflecting on my life... wow... that is an entire other blog.  Maybe I will explore all the times the universe has shown me the truth in those words... but not today.

Today... I want to thank the universe, the powers that be, the messengers that insured I heard what I needed to hear.  I want to celebrate the power and energy this morning gave to me...

Strong, Steady and Focused...


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...