Sunday, January 14, 2018

and it's over for now...


And just like that, in what seemed like the blink of an eye the magical trappings of Christmas vanished.  This morning the tree still glittered bright, the lights at the mantel still charmed and the magic of having my babies and both my grand babies home for Christmas seemed to have only been a moment ago.


Sitting here in the stillness, with no colored lights and the everything "normal", I realize that it's been a few weeks since my youngest and his sweetie headed back west.  They are back living their lives, in fact tomorrow is my youngest babies birthday.  I wish I was there to celebrate with him.  Instead I will go to work and it will be just another day.

I haven't even spent much time with the oldest.  Although we did go to the Ice Festival yesterday. Despite being freezing, it was great fun and I was in awe of the skill of the ice carvers. I can't even imagine trying to carve ice.  The cold factor alone pretty much guarantees I will not even try.






I finally gave in and went to the doctor on Friday.  Seems I should have probably went to an Urgent Care when I was unable to get an appointment. Luckily it wasn't the flu, just one of the worst sinus infections the doc has seen in a good long while.  Lots of meds and she is hopeful I will feel normal in about 3 weeks, optimist that I am I asked if she meant 3 weeks from when I got sick (haha - it's already been over a month) she didn't even find that amusing. She also said it could be 3 months before I get all of my hearing back.  WHAT?  Let's hope she just has a thing about three's and its much sooner than that.


Sitting here listening to Hubs finish up the dishes and the wind blowing outside, it feels sort of anti-climatic.  Snowy village is boxed away, there are simply no remnants left.  Unless you count the bowls of peppermint puffs that there were not enough kids willing to eat.  Or the random bits of chocolate in various candy dishes.  I still need to put the games downstairs to await the boy coming home again.  And I need to mop. 

Being sick for so long has worn me out.  I am considering calling it an early night. All the stuff on my to do list or wanna do list for the weekend is still out there, it's waiting for another minute.  I will probably cut out a few of the lip balm holders that I promised my younger sister, I don't think I will get all 10 finished today.  I didn't get the soap made.  And I definitely didn't do the laundry. But Christmas magic (because to me it truly feels like magic) is tucked away for another year.


Well, much to do before I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will be back soon, I promise.  This funk in my head is clearing and this has literally been the first time I've even been able to string together thoughts.

Soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...