Friday, March 11, 2022

more snow...

In a few... that is my current feeling today. In a few I will do the things.  For now, I am going to sit here on this cold morning and enjoy my fire with my sweet puppies. Mother nature decided we needed at least one more bitter cold, snowy morning to enjoy a raging fire to warm our toes and tummies (if you are a puppy).  So why waste it?

It's so calming.  I can forget that the world is a crazy place to be right now.  I can enjoy the silence and the peace.  Soon, I will get busy.  I have things to do, I'm just not really ready to do them. 

I did all sorts of adulting yesterday.  I need to submit drawings today, but it is all in production now, all we have to do is wait. That is definitely going to be the long part, I started to say hard, but I believe removing the shrubs is going to be much harder than the wait.  Luckily it will be a bit extended, so that will give me time to slowly remove the shrubs that we have debated on for over 7 years.  I like the idea of them, but they look terrible - unfortunately they were not cared for any better than the ones that used to be out front.  We will finally cut them down.  


I will probably just throw them to the back of our property to mulch back into the earth.  I have a large portion that is heavily wooded and the deer, squirrels and other woodland critters will love them. I am also going to clear out a lot of the ivy's and "weeds" that grow fairly uncontrolled still.  Finally, we will add some sod to improve the grass that hasn't really grown due to the shade and the deer parading all over it non-stop.  I have a lot to accomplish in the next few weeks. Part of me hopes it won't take 10 weeks, the other part is praying for the time.  

After the fence is in, I've decided to go to the backside and plant a bunch of sunflower seeds and wild flowers on the hill.  I've halfheartedly tried a few times in the past, but my damaged knee held me back.  My new knee is so much more stable, that I finally feel okay giving it a try.  I can already picture the fencing line with a field of sunflowers behind it.  Well, at least that is what I see in my mind's eye.  I'm sure it will be a serious battle with the birds and wildlife to bring it to fruition, but a girl can hope!  I might have to hit up a dollar store for a few more packets of seeds.  

Today is for daydreaming, not doing. 

Today is my sweet girls' birthday.  It is also a dear friend's birthday.  Actually, I know many people that share this special day.  I would love to celebrate it with her, but she is going to be adulting herself today.  So we gathered together at one of her favorite places to have a burger and celebrated her last night.  Hubs is a birthday fiend.  It's humorous to me, because I am more of a low key kind of person where they are concerned. I think my girl is a lot more like me in that way.  Family gathered around the dinner table is plenty.  Or doing something special together.  Hubs and I usually spend mine floating down a river. 

I find it is just another day.  I don't always even remember how old I am, it's not something I track.  I was stunned last night when I realized I was only a year older than she is now when I moved here to be be with my sweet Hubs.  Talk about a jolt to the system. 




I'm super proud of the woman that she is.  I love her generous spirit and loving heart.  I hate when people take advantage of those very characteristics, I cherish that she doesn't allow those people to sway her from moving it forward and still being loving and generous. She is special! Her vibrant personality is infectious.  

Well, it looks like our oldest managed to persuade her younger sister to let us celebrate her.  Tomorrow we will all gather for dinner!  I'm so excited.  It's great for my girl to have an older sister, she is far too used to being the oldest and in complete control, a Pieces should never be in complete control FYI. I'm just pointing that out for those in the room that have never had to deal with a Pieces in complete control, everyone else knows exactly what I mean. 

It's still gonna be a lazyish day for me.  I am going to whip up a few more puppy treats, we are experimenting - FYI - they love liver.  The oldest grand daughter is coming over for me to look at a dress and see if I can alter it for her.  We'll see, it's been a long time since I have altered a formal gown. But not feeling like much else will happen, basic household chores and some crafting, but that looks to be just about it. 


I mean what else is there to do on a snowy, cold late winter day?  Throw a log on the fire and relax, right?

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...