Monday, March 14, 2022

get busy!

Not much time for writing this morning, I need to get ready for soaping day!  I simply can't wait, I have never really had anyone actually soap with me. Hubs will sometimes pop in and ask questions these days and he used to hold my Pringles cans back in the day when that was what I used for molds. I had a friend that came and watched me finish a batch once, but I've never had anyone really come and make soap. 

I'm not sure how many batches we will get finished, doesn't really matter, it's not like we are back in pioneer days and making for the entire community.  We are simply sharing a skill, because no one can have too many skills nor too much knowledge. There will be lots of time to chat, there will be so many topics covered and ideas discussed.  I do believe that is one of the few things I do miss about working outside of the home.  Deep conversations with friends. 

Yesterday was such a blessing with the warm weather.  We discovered a great park almost in our back yard.  It had such a great combination of paved walking paths and many wide hiking paths along the Meramec river.  It was great fun.  The pups learned more about how to encounter people and pets on paths.  For the most part they did wonderful.  There were several times they were either super intimidated by other pups or they wanted to play like crazy.  They are so funny when they encounter something that they are simply not sure about.  They will get as close to my legs as possible and have a seat. It was definitely a two park day, as we started the morning with a nice long walk at one of our usual parks. 







I loved the gift of springlike weather that we were blessed with finally.  I'm hoping that was the last we hear of winter.  I longed to plant my seeds yesterday while I was filling my new tower boxes.  I am ready.  But I am trying to exercise restraint.  I need to pick up a couple of bags of soil and might grab a bag of manure, these beds of mine take more work to keep producing well as worms don't really hang out in planters.  I will take a few moments this week to start a few of my seeds inside. It's moving into the time of year to be busy and active.  

We received our first permit on the fence back yesterday.  Hubs will drop off the city permit request today.  So we will be ready to go as soon as the contractor is ready.  Which means I will start spending time this week removing the shrubs and starting to get the yard ready for install.  Things are moving along quickly. 

Well... soaping day is about to start... time for me to get with it...

love and peace


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...