Sunday, March 20, 2022

finally here!!

Happy Vernal Equinox!  I'm definitely in the mood to celebrate the first day of spring!  Today the daylight hours will last as long as the nighttime hours in perfect balance. I'm ready!

It was dreary and cold for the start of the last official day of winter, the rain fit my mood yesterday morning.  I'd heard of the loss of my friend, I'd spoken with another friend early in the morning sharing with me a bad and unnecessary incident that happened to him, let's just say yesterday simply started on a bad vibe.  I was angry, sad and my faith in humanity was at an all time low. As if the goodness leaving in the morning the day before had created void that mischief and evil could fill. 

Thankfully the strong winds of the day blew through and lightened everything back up. I didn't dwell in the darkness, I acknowledged it and moved on. By lunchtime it was dry, clear and warmer (it never got super warm yesterday) so we were able to take the babies for a romp in the neighborhood. They had an absolute blast.



After an afternoon of tidying up and doing chores Hubs and I decided to find another park and have a picnic lunch. We are trying to visit all of the parks in our area, and trust me there are a massive number.  Yesterday found us in a park about 20 minutes from the house and it was spectacular! We are definitely going to have to take the youngest grand there she will love the playground and lake.  The pups were over the moon with all of the fun places to walk and even spent some time being typical kids and walked/ran on the wall.  At one point Beau decided walking in the lake was a good idea.  Why is the white dog the one that wants to walk in the mud?


It was the perfect way to end the long winter. Spending lots of time in the sunshine and fresh air. It definitely chased away a lot of the gloomy feelings from the beginning of the day.  

Today is going to be lovely!  The temps are promising to hit at least 70° and the skies will be sunny and clear.  Perfect for doing something outside, not sure what yet, but I have discovered a couple of pet friendly wineries in the area with live music.  That could be quite fun, after a good LONG walk of course.  They are doing really well at just sitting, but why tempt fate. I feel it would be a great way to celebrate the end of winter, anyone care to join us? 


Before I can play I want to work on getting some of my chores done.  Hubs' is having his team over tomorrow for their lunch and learn, and I'm fairly sure none of them will want to navigate around my various projects.  I need to finish painting the back doors - just one to finish if my babies don't help it will take minutes to finish - it's the final coat.  Then I need to barricade off the hallway and front door so that I can finish those areas without help.  Belle's white frosting has worn off and I don't think red is really her color. 



I started this beautiful day off making my babies food, I was lazy last night after our walk and didn't really feel like cooking.  They both kept me company while it all cooked and waited semi-patiently for it to cool.  Beau is very vocal where food prep is concerned and provided a great deal of direction and encouragement.  As soon as he smells it cooking he comes rushing over to give support. Belle just watches from a distance, waiting for the samples they both offer to provide quality control.  They love frozen peas and blueberries and need at least one or two as they are waiting. 

It feels amazing to me to start the day productively.  I am definitely an early person.  Before most folks have climbed out of bed, chances are that I have half of my chore list done and I have already been on at least one walk.  Now, on the flip side, I am sound asleep during the time that most folks are busy so it's kind of a wash.  I'm super thankful that Hubs isn't a night owl.  That would have been so difficult. When I don't start my day strong, I usually deal with it for the remainder of the day, a feeling of lethargy and unrest will usually set it.  


It's still too cold to head outside to paint, but the pups are settling for their morning nap, so it's a good time to get the inside painting done.  I hope you each find a way to enjoy and celebrate this beautiful day.  Go out, walk in the sunshine, putter with something spring focused, maybe plant some spring flowers or go and enjoy the beauty in a local park.  Let me tell you the haziness of the spring green on all the trees and the dashes of yellow, white, purples and pinks that signal early spring are worth the change up to your routine. 

love and peace... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...