Saturday, March 5, 2022

patience...

Want to know what I find to be an amazing start to the day?  A nice long walk along the river with my Hubs and babies as the sun is rising over the horizon.  It was 57° to start the day, perfect strolling temperature.  It was our longest walk to date, and we were virtually by ourselves, everything I love! My little Beau got a bit tired and needed a stop and cuddles before continuing.  Belle was her usual boundless energy.  And poor Hubs was probably tired of all of us.  He gets up so early, and going to a long walk first thing in the morning is probably not his idea of a good time. Although he was a very good sport about it all. 

We are home now and they are all settling down for their Saturday morning naps.  I am going to enjoy my steamy hot coffee and the peacefulness of the random bird songs.  A bit of time to relax and process all of the things swirling in my head, while I write. 

My card today was "patience" reversed.  Seems about right with my current state of mind.  I have very little patience with anything. I am frustrated at a world that is seeming to move headlong into utter chaos. I am tired of the inflation that people want to whisk away as if the lame explanations really make sense.  I am worn with the lack of thought people are putting into everything going on around them, the fact that common sense seems to be in short supply is mind numbing to me. 


Although what my card was really saying to me is that the universe is opening routes and passages that I haven't thought of yet and that I need to take time to think about alternate ways to reach my ultimate goals. I liked that too.  In fact I liked that a lot more than I liked where my mind originally went. 

Last night we went out for dinner (it was terrible and a huge regret) and on the way home I noticed that gas had jumped up to $3.75 a gallon at the corner station.  Just the day before it was $3.59 and I was stunned.  It changed our plans for the day.  I am not willing to waste gas just to go for a hike.  Geez! I fear this is only going to get much worse.  I also fear it is for reasons that most are simply too programmed to look for.  

I'm not going down that rabbit hole today, I'm not wading into the insanity of posts I see imploring us to stop complaining about the raising cost of gas and to focus on the people that are in fear of their lives in Ukraine, as that is far more important.  I don't trust the media, I don't trust the narrative.  I am at the point I trust what I can see with my own two eyes.  And frankly, I see a government out of control, I see "price gouging" with the general population being the ones that are suffering. 

Nope... walking away from that one. 

Yesterday was an amazing day in my world.  I had the opportunity to spend quality time not only with Hubs, but also one of my very dearest friends.  There are several around the world that are truly my tribe, I consider them my sisters of the heart.  So spending a quiet lunch at one of our favorite spots talking about all the crazy stuff that we both think and believe was so nurturing.  It is incredible to spend time with people that understand you, that don't look at you like you have lost your mind. Even better when it is spontaneous!


Not only that but I sat with my girl for a bit and chatted about life in general and then just as I sat down to create the invitation/flyer for Hubs' 70th birthday party I was thinking about my boy and how much I have missed him. I don't hear from him much, and boom I got an instant message from him.  How wonderful is that? So I got to spend a few minutes talking with him and I even got an "I love you!".  Top it off with the youngest grand coming over for puppy time and then sending me her own videos. Oh yeah, it was a great day!

As a result of all those conversations, the thoughts whirling in my head and all of the plans I am making, I am literally jittery with ideas.  To the point that I am almost frozen on the moving forward part.  I guess that is what the universe was trying to tell me this morning.  To have patience, to move forward, but to look at the bigger picture and opportunities. 

I plan to spend the next few weeks clearing up current projects, cleaning my plate so to speak.  Then... I feel like it is time to start offering classes in various things.  But what?  Where to start?  How to start?  Do I offer sewing classes?  Or am I too hung up on trying to remember everything my home Ec teachers taught me? Instead of following the stuff I have been doing for a lifetime - successfully I might add. Maybe basic quilting?  Soap making, I don't make the fancy stuff - I can - but why?  I am a country girl at heart and I want functional over fancy. Knitting, crocheting... I am definitely proficient in those areas too. Maybe offering cooking, canning, oh my the list is deep.  I don't proclaim to be an expert level at most things, I do proclaim to be very proficient.  I have the ability to start people on journeys, to let them get their toes wet and see if it is something they can fall in love with. Or maybe it is just enough to start building their own skills. 

For example, it's almost time for the Redbuds to blossom, which translates into jellies and syrups.  Maybe I develop a basic home skills course? I mean it could be fun to help others learn some basic foraging and creating from what you forage kind of thing. I am a strong proponent of having the basic structure to create and then letting creativity blossom.  I don't like to follow "rules" all too often I have found that the only good thing about rules is that they are meant to be broken.  

Teach me the basics, explain the whys of home something happens and then I want to create magic, by going my own way. 

While all of these things are bubbling in my head and my heart, I am also focusing on returning to basics myself.  Several friends now have been tackling making their own dog food.  Honestly, I am longing to get back into that myself.  The pups are not excited about their food and I am not excited about the cost to feed them mediocre meals.  I stumbled on a veterinary site that actually supports and encourages that and provided me with lists of things to be able to make their meals.  So that is moving on to the agenda.  If they love it, canned food delivery will be cancelled.

I am also getting ready to order my fence.  I've lived here 8 years this summer, and we have definitely thought about fencing the usable portion of our yard, many times. But the boys were too senior to climb all of the stairs or go up and down the hillside safely and we don't have much of our yard that is flat and easily accessible.  But puppies change everything.  They are full of energy and love to be moving.  None of the previous concerns are valid so... fence time it is.  Ironically, I am now thinking of ways that I can create edible landscaping to put around it.  

I know Hubs isn't a fan of my idea about blueberries, not because he doesn't like them, but because he is sure the critters will eat all of them.  I don't disagree initially, but I do believe if I plant the right types and do my homework they could be a beautiful and productive addition to my landscaping. I am also considering a bit more combining edible flowers and plants to my front beds and finally doing something with the pathetic sides of my house. Trying to determine what areas get the most sun and planting a host of bright cheery sunflowers - that would be two fold.  One for seeds the other because well I LOVE the beauty of sunflowers. 

Like I said a multitude of ideas that are becoming more and more relevant by the day.  Did you hear about the farmer on the main stream news that was saying he easily sees the average grocery bills per month going as high as $1,000 per month because of the costs being pushed onto all of us and the devaluation of our dollar.  

Honestly, folks need to wake up, they need to realize this is the same crap that happened in Germany after WWI that lead to WWII, that it is planned and it is being orchestrated for the rich to get richer and the poor to move further down the food chain if not dying out of lack. 

I don't have answers, but I am not about to give up on planning for a better future for me and my family and my tribe. 

I am completely open for suggestions and ideas... am I off my rocker?  Or is there truly a need for some of the skills that I can help people learn?  Can we create a network of urban homesteads that are able to provide during hard times?


Okay... well, while I leave you scratching your heads and questioning if I need "professional" help I am going to get started on my day.  I have much to do, and I have decided that I am going to stay busy working on things, ya know, just in case. 

love and peace... 

 


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...