Thursday, March 17, 2022

motivation lacking...

The walk this morning under the full moon was a slow one. As spring approaches the worms come out in droves in our neighborhood.  I've never encountered so many worms as we have one our sidewalks and roads.  It's just starting, but the babies were fascinated by all of the dead worms and felt the need to pick one up every few feet.  Not to mention Belle's extreme fear of black trash bags on the side of the road.  She lost her mind, to the point she managed to pull out of her leash and run to mom to avoid going with dad to see what it was.  At least it was mild and dry, because the normal 20 minute walk dragged out to over 40 minutes.  I can't say I'm mad at them, it's wonderful to enjoy life at a different speed and through a new perspective. 

I'm trying super hard to find my motivation today.  I have been hustling full speed this entire week and my poor body is tired. Monday was a crazy amount of soaping, Tuesday I cooked puppy treats and cleaned all day, and yesterday was wrapping up the cooking, soap cutting, fixing family dinner and painting for about 5 hours.  My legs were so angry at me last night the pups last walk was slow motion. Between climbing the ladder and getting down on the floor to paint baseboards I pushed that knee as far as it was ready to be pushed. 

Completed yesterday 

Rain is coming tomorrow, so I sort of planned for it to be my "lazy" day.  I still do, but... man I'm tired. 

I need to head to the hardware store to pick up some paint for exterior doors.  Now that I have painted the inside of both the front and the back door, it is highly obvious that the exterior looks HORRIBLE!  They haven't been touched up in at least 8 years, I'm guessing even longer on the backdoor.  I painted the front door when we moved in because I did not like the almost powder blue it was to begin with. Now I'm leaning into the colonial red, it feels more welcoming than the deep blue. I will probably stick with the white in the back. 

I also need to go to the fabric store and get some lace to alter the bridesmaid dress for my granddaughter.  I am thinking I will just do all the shopping at once, I hate wasting the gas to go out multiple times.  That sounds like a good way to spend a rainy day. 

Maybe tomorrow.  I really want to finish painting the doors on the main floor and the rest of the baseboards. So I feel like that is going to be today's task.  

Lavender


Lush Succulent


I had planned to make another batch of soap, I really want to try the castile soap, we were going to make it Monday, but I was short on olive oil.  Hubs picked up a two gallons for me, so I am ready to get it done.  I'm also going to try another batch of the Brine and Clay soap - it definitely did not unmold very nicely at all.  The salt caused some serious crumbling.  It's still usable, but definitely not pretty.  I don't usually care too much about pretty with some of these soaps, they work just the same even with imperfections, but this one is so very beautiful when it isn't cracked. Not sure if that will happen this morning or not. 

Hot mess... 
aka Brine and Rose Clay

As you can see, I have a lot of things I want to do, but the motivation to actually get up out of my cozy chair and accomplish it is seriously waning.  Actually looking at my sleeping pups (they literally seemed to run out of steam - hard playing to hard sleep in moments), I feel like they are truly on to something. Although I am not tired.  Just unmotivated right this minute. 

Honestly, I'm not even really feeling like writing at this moment.  I've deleted and started over too many times, nothing is flowing.  So... I think I am going to slip off my shoes and head out to the deck and focus on some grounding while I work in my garden and clear my head.  The thirty minutes I spent out in the sunshine sitting yesterday was remarkable and really re-centered me. I think I might need to do it to clear my brain this morning. 

love and peace... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...