Thursday, March 10, 2022

adulting...

Ugghhh... today has sure been a lot of adulting before 9 am.  I haven't even been out of bed for three hours yet, but I have scheduled the repair to Hubs' windshield (stupid rocks), declined one fence bid and accepted the other and now I am taking a break from filling out all of the requested forms and paperwork for HOA approval and for permits, helped Hubs gather all the recycling and breaking down boxes and gathering all the trash, voted for trustee and wrote out the thank you card so Hubs could deliver the donation box of treats, on top of the usual walking of the pups for a full mile.  

I am definitely not used to this much adulting. My life doesn't move that way any longer. I usually do not have to think until after the second or third cup of coffee. I do not know how I used to do this kind of stuff before.  

Shortly I will move back into the bubble of dealing with bureaucracy, but for a moment, I am stopping and enjoying my coffee, the bitter cold sunshine and the pups calmness. For a moment.  


My baby "ponies" are definitely growing like little weeds.  Anyone take a guess at their current weights?  Beau is a whopping 31.6 pounds, but the shocker was little Belle, she jumped up to a full 30 pounds.  Vet is still holding steady on his guess that they will be about 60 pounds each and right around knee height.  Totally a normal sized dog for us.  I'm not a big fan of small dogs.  They can officially roam in any puppy parks or playgroups now.  Not sure I am brave enough to do that, but... you simply never know.  I have considered a day of doggy day camp a week for each of them. A chance to get to know other dogs and to interact with different groups.  I would deliberately separate them if I do that.  We also found out that our sweet babies are definitely cutting their big dog teeth. Those little teeth are too precious, rounded not the sharp daggers of puppy-hood. 


sunbathing babies

I'm a bit worried about my little guy as he seems to be having a reaction to the vaccines.  I am not a fan and it bothers me greatly that it isn't something I am allowed to opt out of.  Especially as he is not feeling so good today, it breaks my heart.  And yes I know each of us has our own opinion on vaccinations, I will respect your feelings, please respect mine. Hopefully, he will be up to snuff before too long.  Even little Belle is being fussy, not wanting her brother to snuggle her, which she usually initiates. 

I will just let them rest up today, spoil them a touch and monitor how they are acting and feeling.  I sure hope it doesn't lead to another vet appointment.  Those things are ridiculous and honestly I can understand why our shelters are overflowing.  Puppy shots are EXPENSIVE!  Not to mention the cost for spay/neuter.  If they weren't siblings I am not sure I would be willing to spend that much money.  I am very careful to monitor my babies and I definitely do not allow them to run wild.  Sadly, I am sure there are many that have to opt out of these kind of things or put them through the spay/neuter clinics which aren't "gentle". 

But... I guess that is the way of things lately.  Everything is stupid expensive, because everyone is trying to keep their heads above water. 

Did Dad really get them a replacement 
Lambchop??

Hubs gassed up this morning at Costco, is it sad that we were celebrating $3.89 a gallon? I think it is horribly sad.  I'm also tired of watching people literally belittling and verbally attacking folks for not having electric cars.  No one solution fits everyone. There have been many inventions over the years that could lower gasoline consumption - they have been squashed.  Electric cars all have their drawbacks too.  Distance, charging time, the cost of batteries, the destruction to mine lithium and the fact that electricity is mostly provided by fossil fuel also.  Nothing is 100% perfect, except maybe walking or riding a bike and there are drawbacks there also. 

This morning I was following a news article and the comments and I was dumbfounded by some of the self-righteous folks posting on there.  When do we stop picking sides and bullying?  When do we band together against the cause?  When do we work together to support one another?  What is it going to take to knit us together for the good of humankind?

If you own an electric car right now, so very happy for you.  Even Elon Musk (of Tesla fame) states there are not enough natural resources to produce the number of batteries needed for everyone to convert with the current technology, knowledge and designs. People could feel fussy that maybe you are the ones increasing the cost for household electric (yup that is going through the roof also).  

Of course you aren't but stones can be thrown both directions.  So what if we simply stop throwing stones and start looking for true root causes and real honest to goodness solutions?

I've heard folks saying nothing I can do about it.  I've heard folks say move closer to work or get a different job. There are a myriad of challenges with all of those thoughts.  How long before our shops suffer because folks don't have disposable income.  How do you move when the housing market is so precarious and houses are selling for far more than they were even a year ago.  One down the street from my house just sold for about $100 grand more than it was valued a year ago.  Far smaller than my own home - gee can hardly wait to see what the falsely inflated price does to my own property taxes as my home was valued significantly higher than that one a year ago.  Just the thought makes my head hurt. 

At some point we have to decide to take control of things.  

Sorry, the harm people are doing to one another is getting under my skin.  The only thing that is going to solve anything is love and bonding together to change the vibration and energy flow.  Yet, I still see folks tearing others down to build themselves up.  Ironically the hate spewing person this morning had the screen name Grace.  I mean... grace?  At some point, we all have to give one another a little bit of grace, we have to acknowledge that none of us have all the answers and to be open enough to finding them together. 

Maybe we need to see if some of our neighbors need our support right now.  Maybe they are struggling with these heavy increases in costs, is there something we can do? Maybe offer to pick up someones stuff while you are out?  I don't know.  Like I said, I don't have any more answers than anyone else does, but I am praying that we eventually find those answers and that we work together to get to the next stage. 

I don't have a ton of money, but I have a ton of heart and goodwill.  If I can help, please reach out to me, please let me know that you need assistance and if I can, I will completely be there and do it.  If not, I will sure help you brainstorm for a solution. 

destruction of Lambchop #2
it didn't stand a chance

Well... I'm tired of wandering through these thoughts.  It's now time to chop wood and carry water so to speak.  There is another snow watch moving in - of course my baby girl's birthday is tomorrow, why wouldn't it... so I want to make sure everything is prepared before it happens - fingers crossed for it to mosey on by.  I am tired of winter and eager for spring to arrive!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...