Sunday, March 13, 2022

filling my moments...

I wonder how I will deal with losing an hour this year?  Last year I still worked outside of the house, I spent weeks trying to adjust to the time change.  It's simply not my thing, I wish they would pick one of the times and stay with it.  This bouncing back and forth is simply annoying in my opinion.  So many people struggle to reset their own circadian  rhythms after each one.  Not to mention either showing up super late or super early for everything, because inevitably you have forgotten to reset at least one clock - usually the one you needed at that moment. 

Sadly, not only did I lose an hour, I also woke up stupid early this morning.  I simply couldn't sleep any longer.  Meaning I will probably be fussy and exhausted super early tonight. Ugghhh... not the way I had planned to enjoy this day.  The weather is supposed to be wonderful, pushing into the 60's.  I am ready.  

The only good thing about getting up this early, we were able to take the pups walking at the park down the road at first light. They encountered 4 deer just feet away from them, they weren't really sure what to think about them, so they sat quiet as little statues at mom's feet as they always do when they are faced with something new. They are so funny about that.  They also encountered a doodle, they definitely weren't sure about that one and unfortunately the dad didn't have good control of his pup so we couldn't let them meet up.  Although all three of them seemed to want to. 

I'm sure today is going to have several long fun walks in it.  There are a couple of trails that we want to take the pups to, there are a few I would love to go walk, but frankly - the price of gas is definitely a deterrent to that plan. 

Sunflower Sensations

I've been working on a few different treats for the babies over this week.  Trying to discover what they like and dislike.  Same with their food.  I've discovered anything with cheese, peanut butter, or liver are instant winners when making treats.  They are eating the Sunflower Sensations, but they are not a team favorite.  Belle will munch them when offered.  Beau will only accept it if you break it up first. 

Liver Bites (fan favorite)

I have also discovered that Belle does not like spinach in her food.  Beau is far less picky, food is food and he was willing to be the guinea pig that ate his sisters when she walked away from it.  Well, they luckily only have two days more to eat it, she ate it last night, this morning the nose went straight up in the air.  She's my snooty one. 



I am probably going to make three different treats today.  I want to try a few others.  Carrot, cheese and liver will be on the menu.  They love carrots and will eat those raw, so it's worth the try. 

Who knows before long it might be worth the time and energy to look into a puppy treat business.  I love spoiling my babies and I am sure that I am not the only one. For many, many years I have had a deep distrust of all the crud they put in dog food and treats.  I think the fact that I cooked for my boys was one of the secrets to their longevity.  Big dogs don't usually live to be 16 - 19 years old, and my boys did. I've been doing an immense amount of research on what they need to stay healthy and happy.  And also what to avoid.  Adding to the knowledge that I gathered when my boys were still with us.  

Dad that is my napping spot... 

This gift of time to follow through on ideas and thoughts is so powerful to me.  The ability to follow through on things that have called to me forever, but have always been pushed aside because of the fact that I was working for someone else and that took all my time, is priceless. 

Tomorrow is a soaping day, I haven't really had a true soaping day in a very long time. My girlfriend is coming over and I am going to help her learn how to do a few different kinds.  I know one will be the Citrus Shea, because it's been on my to do list for a couple of weeks. I also love this one that is a rose clay and salt - I have to make sure I have all the ingredients for that one, I haven't made it in a very long time. I also want to make at least one melt and pour, because that is quick and easy and she won't have to wait to take home her treasures.  The cold process ones need six weeks. Who knows we might even make at least one hot process one - not sure, I am not as fond of those now that I have mastered cold process, they aren't as luxurious.  Although they are ready a lot quicker than a cold process, so we'll see.  I have to admit, I'm quite excited about doing this. 

Honestly, she has inspired me to get my dehydrator out and start working on preserving a few things.  Lord knows I have enough canning jars sitting around to store it all in.  A few minutes time would definitely help me prevent any food waste. She sent me photo's last night of their dried peas and sweet potatoes, they were simply beautiful. I know that is a strange way to look at things, but it's how I see them.  

It's also almost time to start gathering red bud flowers and even some spring violets and dandelions.  There are jellies to be made.  I am looking for some sugar-free recipes for Hubs and I, but I have lots of family and friends that are good with sugar and love the fresh jellies. And as Hubs is always saying, if the peanut butter hits the fan, we will simply eat the sugared ones.  

Who knows I might even try a dandelion wine this year, I definitely have the time and energy, and I did notice that my wine fridge is getting a bit lean. Time to stock up again. I definitely have all the supplies to make wine, Hubs boss saw a great buy online - someone was getting out of wine making), and when we didn't rush to get it (we weren't sure we wanted to) he grabbed it for us.  This might be the time to give it a go? 

I'm still working on getting up my courage to actually try cheese.  The books/class hubs bought me was almost terrifying in all the do's and don't's.  It reminds me of when I first learned to make soap.  I was a nervous wreck.  I joined her Facebook groups, etc. But they aren't really active and I wasn't really learning anything.  So I have found a few other beginning cheese making groups and I am finding them engaging and not so terrifying.  I am still trying to source raw milk - another drawback, but am finding from the other groups it might not be my only options as she has led me to believe. So don't worry that hasn't been shuffled to the back burner, there are just a few more steps involved before I can start.  Things like getting Hubs to help me build a press and finding milk to use that hasn't been processed to death. 

Who knows I have a lot projects and ideas that I am pursuing.  Who said not working outside of the house was boring and would make me crazy.  I don't believe it was me. 

Hubs is napping, pups are winding down and I do believe that I am going to go and get busy on some of these things that fill my day and my passion for creating. 

love and peace... 


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...