Tuesday, March 1, 2022

jumpy thoughts...

Happy March! I cannot believe it is already a new month, where is the time dashing off to?  It feels like 2021 was just a small moment away and here we are on the brink of spring. I noticed the crocuses are all pushing through this morning on our walk.  I think this is the year that I will finally get mine planted so that next spring I have beautiful flowers are the chill leaves. 

I woke up to the call of the wild this morning, our little Belle has found her voice and is not afraid to use it to make me aware of her displeasure at her situation.  Last night as we climbed the stairs to bed we must have disturbed her and she let me know that she had not received an adequate amount of snuggles before being put in her kennel as she and her brother climbed all over me before going back to sleep about 10 minutes later.  They are such love bugs, I am trying to not reward the demand and make them wait a few minutes calmly.  It's so tough, just like with kiddo's you want to make sure they are okay and know you are there for them. Our training times are making progress but not nearly quick enough. 

waiting for mom to finish showering

I'm antsy this morning.  In a good way.  The People's Convoy is coming down the road just a few moments from our house.  The flag is in the back of my car and I am ready when I get the alert that they have left Cuba, MO.  That puts them just over an hour from my house.  I am excited to go and cheer them on.  I know I haven't been quiet about my displeasure at government over reach, and I would love to be able to hook up my camper and head off with them.  It isn't what I am meant to do, so instead I will definitely be cheering them on their journey! 

I can't wait!  Hubs is taking an early lunch to join me.  Maybe it isn't as large as the group in Canada, but it is just one of many here in the US.  

tattling that mommy said no treats until 
we eat our breakfast...

I think my brain is hopping around a lot this morning.  I feel a bit over here, a bit over there.  So many things are grabbing my attention, filling my heart and making me want to go in a dozen different directions at once.  Pretty sure I needed my self-imposed day off yesterday.  I skipped my work out, but still managed to walk just shy of 6 miles - oh the joy of puppies.  I did odd chores, but mostly I sat in the sunshine and regrouped.  I talked to my sister while she waited for her sweet grandson to come out of surgery, oh that waiting is the hardest part.  I didn't craft, I didn't do big chores, I was simply there. 

I talked with my sister, spent quality time with my Hubs, got to visit with my daughter and my youngest grand for a bit and I just took time to breathe. 


Today, I feel ready.  The sun is already warming the air around us, I have already worked out and taken the babies for their first long walk. We visited with other pups and played in the grasses. Today will be about completing some projects, spending time out in the yard working on the treetop garden (can you believe it is almost time to plant?), soaking up some sunshine and taking my babies on a hike somewhere new - after the convoy of course. 

Springtime gives me energy.  I am ready to spread my wings and tackle the world as soon as the weather starts to promise that spring is on the way. I long to spend countless hours outside, I am not as tired at the end of the day, I am simply ready to stop hibernating. 

successful basil start...

I am planning to paint my front door area and give it a spruce up as we are heading into this beautiful season, less dreary and more cheery. Although that is an odd way to think, as I am leaning into using a darker gray for the door and frame.  It's been blue far too long, I am tired of it.  A lot of my neighbors are painting their doors vibrant colors.  I don't know that I feel that is what I want.  I love some of them, they look so happy and bright, but to me those are accent colors not door colors. I seem to be moving into a deep gray phase, where the color is the accent not the primary.  We'll see.  

I am also debating on painting the back door.  I would love to replace it with a sliding glass door, I am just not sure if Hub's current interest is because he wants to shut me up or he really likes the idea. Hmmm, I wonder how he would feel about one of those beautiful colors on the back door?  No one would see it but us... and it might make a great accent to the treetop garden. 

I haven't told him yet about the idea that occurred to me as I shoo'd a bird out of the house yesterday.  Poor little thing was terrified, I wasn't thrilled, but it was my own fault.  The pups love to lounge in the sun on the back deck.  It is the highlight of their day I do believe so I have been leaving the door to the deck open so they can stroll back and forth.  I didn't think about it when we left for one of our many walks and we came home to a fluttering sound in my plants.  Yikes, bird inside!  I managed to chase it back out, without intervention from my little fur balls, but it was not a good time.  

So... Here's my thought, if we aren't switching out the door maybe I get a bit of my hippie vibe going and put some strands of beads or something like that across the opening.  Two fold reason, one to block a bit of the sun that blasts through there in the summer and two a deterrent to my little feathered friends. I mean it might be a bit too bohemian for my sweet Hubs, but then again.  I guess we'll chat about it while we are on our way out to cheer the convoy. 

handmade socks drying in the springlike sunshine

So as you can see... my brain is all over the place today.  Maybe it is giddy because the little guy did so great yesterday, he might even be able to be without oxygen support after this.  They are able to start planning ahead for his next surgery and frankly his color looks extraordinary now.  Or maybe it's springtime, maybe it's the energy on the planet.  Who knows, but bring it on!

Well, I want to get a few things done before we head out. Just got an update that the trucks are rolling and then it's an hour to here... Gotta get my stuff done... 

love and peace...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...