Monday, February 28, 2022

make a wish...

What is going on?  I pose this question in all seriousness.  Today started off incredibly beautiful, the late winter sun rising beautifully promising a bright wonder filled new day. I was sitting having coffee with Hubs in the front tv room and staring out the window watching it through the haze left over from the night.  It felt warm and empowering. Our pups were laying there basking in it, it was the perfect start to a perfect day. 

Note I said was.  Hubs turned on the news, something I really find less and less palatable by the minute.  I started to say day, but realized that is completely an understatement. Every single "article" for discussion was divisive, ugly, putting down someone or something.  I felt like I was listening to the cool kids at school deciding who matters and who doesn't.  The repetition of hatefulness was toxic and just plain ugly, if you say you hate something enough times you definitely start to believe it. 

He went downstairs to start work early, one of his branches has an issue, so I took advantage to turn the vile crap off.  When I did they had just finished talking about how only one race is unable to get a home because of income inequity.  I wanted to vomit!  Because income inequity is definitely not limited to a race, an age, a religion or freaking anything else.  Ask me how I know... I could preach on it for days with cold hard facts.  I'm not going to, but I am fed up with it. The next "article" or maybe I should just call it opinion piece as I pushed that beautiful blue button that would silence the propaganda machine started rolling into how minorities and women are afraid to return to their jobs as they are being called back.  I simply couldn't... 

This morning as I drew my energy cards there were two of them stuck together, so I understood that I needed to know both of them.  They were incredibly powerful today.  The angel of strength and the community card.  

The irony of my strong reaction to the bull on the news was not lost on me.  Here I had just pulled two cards that were talking about our individual strength and the power of using that strength as part of a greater community.  

I took the meaning of those cards to heart.  Today my little great nephew has to have another heart surgery, he's just 3 months old, it's delicate, it's intense and it is vitally important to his survival.  I was focused on the fact that we individually and as a collective can give the healing power needed to him and his medical team.  I have faith.  He has an army of angels, prayer warriors and healers all focusing intense power and love in his direction. 

The cards seemed so very obvious. 

Yet as I was cutting Hubs' hair and listening to random snippets of that vile news, I felt a calming sense of knowing.  Maybe those cards were saying something far greater.  The angel of strength says that we all have the power to harness the universe for good to tap into something far greater than ourselves and focus that power and strength to create far more than we have ever dreamed possible. The community card says that whenever at least 3 are gathered either physically or spiritually for a common cause the universe will aid.  It speaks of again doing good and being more.  Being successful in your endeavors. 

Both of them were encouraging me to find my voice and strength and be not only ready but willing to use it. 

I think I have already said I do not trust the media.  Now is absolutely no different.  From my quiet seat on this bus I was wondering why?  Today mask mandates quietly die, no fan fare, no hoopla, in fact if a friend hadn't told me I wouldn't know. It was announced last week, all week I have slowly seen signs going down telling you to mask up before entering.  I have slowly seen fewer and fewer people wearing the dreaded things. I am seeing smiles.  I am able to understand people when I speak with them. I noticed that several of the places that I have seen non-stop fear mongering about the virus have now switched almost on point to war fear mongering. 

I no longer trust any of it.  What are they trying to distract us from?  What are they trying to control?  Why are the opinion pieces all trying to block us being unified and loving one another?  What is the purpose?  Why are they sowing hate and discontent like wildflower seeds? Why has their been such a concerted effort to instill fear and hatred bouncing from one topic to the next for a very, very long time. 

Religion, skin color, orientation, nationality, medical status... the list is endless, for as far back as you can read in our "history" books (any irony is the fact that it is his story?) there has been some form of hatred being sown. Division lines being drawn at every step of the way. 

I used to think it was simply an American problem.  Now I truly see it is a global problem, it has been happening everywhere for a very long time.  I guess if we are busy fighting one another for whatever the flavor of the week is, then we are too busy to see the damage being done to us by those that feel they have power. 

I don't know, these are just some random thoughts that were popping into my head like wildfire this morning.  Maybe my head is looking for a distraction from the medical procedure that the little guy is going through, but I don't think so.  I think as the energy of the planet is changing, I am feeling a veil of blindness starting to lift.  I am seeing and feeling things far more clearly and in focus.  I could be completely off base, but it doesn't feel like I am. 

I am tired of the divisiveness being spewed at every corner.  I am tired of the immediate programmed response to something "of course they did, it's because they are ... insert the appropriate adjective here...".

My grands are all mixed, my youngest was being a total butt in dance class two weeks ago and was kicked out of class because she flat out refused to listen.  Props to my daughter for seeing it for what it is.  She was being a brat - it happens that is how kids test boundaries.  Piles of poo to her father he immediately said "of course kick out the minority".  Nope sorry pops... had absolutely nothing to do with that at all. 

We are being programmed to think like this.  It breeds hatred and contempt.  It has to stop. We are such powerful, loving beings.  All of the worlds problems could easily be solved, all the inequities and damage undone, if only we would stop allowing ourselves to be brainwashed. 

This is my deepest belief. We have been programmed with "keeping up with the Jones'", that without  meeting certain "standards" we are less than, we are being medicated and controlled.  We need to open our eyes and hearts and start pulling together, as a human race. 

Okay... this soapbox is getting taller by the moment so I am going to jump off while I can still see the ground. 

Today is about focusing all my energy, prayers and love on the little guy that I am sure is being prepped for surgery as I type.   Today is about sending love.  Please join me.  Please lift that sweet little cherub up for healing and health, guide the surgeons hands and bring him through it all!  Wrap his family in love, comfort and knowing that he is in the hands of the highest power!

Last night while chatting outside with friends as we finished a wonderful evening the most brilliant shooting star went past.  I made my wish... 

love and peace...


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...