Friday, February 4, 2022

sometimes...

Brrrr... it is so cold today that being out in the snow is absolutely no fun!  I should throw on my boots and coat and go shovel the walk and driveway one more time while Hubs is at work.  But truthfully, I don't want to be that cold.  Sitting in front of my fire with my Pups is far more enjoyable.  And this from a woman that loves snow. 

I am far more concerned with my family that lives further south.  At least snowplows and salt trucks are sort of running up here - evidently the staffing shortages have extended to the road crews also. They have ice coating the roads down there and people are not used to it.  I'm hoping they all stay safe. 

Hubs just called to update me on the roads here.  Maybe I am not showing enough grace, but the snow stopped falling almost fifteen hours ago, I understand not salting when you thought it would be washed away in the rain.  Not so much understanding the absolute minimum effort applied since then. Our subdivision has only had the single run through.  No salting, no return trips, just the single pass.  Normally when there are storms I can hear the plows non-stop, we live not too far from a major roadway. It has been eerily silent for two full days.  The snowplow that finally came through the subdivision was definitely not a city owned unit. At this point I am questioning the extreme amount of taxes that I pay.  I understand the roads are a bit hazardous, but if that is your job, well, shouldn't you be the one out there clearing them?

We got news last night that our trash run will not happen this week, so I picked a rotten time to finally clean out the garage. Since living here this is the first time snow has cancelled mail, trash, road service... geez.  And no I am not saying people should be in danger, but a bit of warning would be good to have. Something somewhere, and if you say in your own Facebook posting that you will call and update, well then maybe that should happen?  They would have no issue contacting me if I decided not to pay my taxes or trash bill... 

Just for the record, I don't want anyone going out for convenience sake, but I also believe that if it is the job you signed up to do, then do it. With roadways not cleared emergency vehicles cannot get to the injured or sick or dying.  I shoveled our walk and a large chunk of the driveway before we got smart and borrowed our neighbors snowblower, it was easy to move, even the ice was coming up in sheets. So I am simply not understanding. Okay, stepping off my soap box now.  

I am trying to decide if I want to lounge in front of the fire and knit or go into the kitchen and make a batch of soap while they are sleeping.  I think I need a battery for my scale, so that might make the decision for me. Although I am really feeling drawn to making soap.  Who knows maybe I will just clean out my soaping closet and organize all of it and make a list of planned soaps.  I also keep looking at my spinning wheel, it feels neglected.  Ugghhh, I have too many wonderful hobbies...

I'm feeling a touch restless today, not enough that I want to go anywhere, unless it were to Arkansas to finally see my great nephew (although I am sure that will be a bit) not going until invited.  Mom and Dad have enough on their hearts and minds working through bringing him home and the weather and getting the rest of the family home.  Whew, just thinking about it makes me feel overwhelmed and frazzled.

I hate feeling restless.  I feel like I should be doing something with my time, but my muscles are still complaining about all the snow I shoveled yesterday.  Hubs has injured his shoulder and cannot lift without a great deal of pain - doc thinks it's the rotator cuff... yuck - so I am trying to pick up the slack.  When you haven't really done much by way of manual labor in months your body revolts and complains. I think that is where my restlessness is stemming from.  I want to do my stuff, but just the thought feels like a lot. 



Lazy and whiny, yep that is me today.  Maybe I should be joining my sweet pups on their morning nap?  Nah... I'm not tired.  Well, I guess I should figure the day out!

Stay warm and safe everyone... love and peace...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the pups are smarter than we are. Sleep in, love on Mommie & Dad, eat, play outside, play inside, nap, love on Mommie & Dad, play outside, play inside, eat, play till you drop and sleep all night. yep, they may be smarter than we are. Well, at least their life is easier. Good Blog. 381+

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...