Tuesday, February 22, 2022

magical...

It's a beautiful rainy morning here in the mid-west.  The news says we can expect snow again tomorrow, but today it is a wonderful 60° outside and I am enjoying the wonder that is late winter in these parts.  The door to the deck is open, the birds are singing and the air is so fresh and wonderful. 

The pups and I took advantage of a break in the rain to go for a soggy walk this morning, they weren't really sure what to think about it, but hey... mom said we were going for a walk.  Belle's latest is she wants to bring her toys with her when she's out and about.  It was so cute to watch her walking with her raccoon. 

We decided it was the perfect way to start such a great day.  2/22/22 will never occur again in our lifetime, it's a powerful set of numbers and I am determined to suck as much joy, love, energy and power out of this day that it has to offer. I mean look at all those twos... and it's a two's day.  Can it get any better. 

I will be pretty busy for most of this beautiful day, Hubs is hosting a lunch and learn for his team, so I need to get the house tidied and finish cooking for them.  The cake takes a couple of hours to cool, so I need to get that started in a few moments.  He enjoys time with his group in an offline setting.  They absorb the learning better and it builds a strong team. We'll see what the pups think of them. 

If it isn't raining I will take that hour to disappear with the babies, go to a park or just a long walk. I am not sure how well they will behave around 6 new to them people.  We'll see.  If it is raining, well, it might be a great time for a kennel nap. 


I finally figured out my challenges with my door sign and finished it yesterday.  I loved the sense of accomplishment, but would have loved it more if I knew exactly what allowed it to happen. Oh well, it's a learning curve.  I also discovered I can use a spare refrigerator for a "cave" when making cheese.  This is great news as I was not excited about the idea of digging out a cave for making cheese.  I am also starting to wonder just what this new adventure is going to cost.  I might need to return to work to afford my cheese making hobby. I seem to have quite a few hobbies that are not inexpensive.  Might need to re-evaluate my hobby choices.  Or maybe not. 


I need to get busy today, I have some thoughts I want to share, but right now, I need to cook.  Take a few minutes to show love today, please! Also take a few moments to soak in the beauty of this day, to celebrate it's magic, the one in a lifetime wonder of it. 

love and peace....


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...