Tuesday, February 8, 2022

the bright side...

It was definitely a Monday, yesterday.  My dear friend pointed that out, and I have to say, he was right!  I forget the days of the week often, a Monday doesn't hold the power of stressing me out like it used to, so I guess I needed a reminder. Here it is a beautiful Tuesday that promises to get even better, so... maybe it's all about balance. 

I won't know for 7 - 10 days if my endless phone calls to the insurance company are finally over, but my fingers are crossed.  The hour spent on hold with the county assessors office ended up being time well spent, even though I was told I'd be lucky to get my receipt by Thursday, it showed up about 10 minutes after I got off the phone.  Since I knew the error was on their part, as they had already gotten their money, it definitely felt like a win.  Took Hubs truck in to get an oil change that ended up an 80,000 mile tune-up and found a few other challenges at the same time - told 4 days or longer to get everything done and got a call saying it should be done today. Got my car street legal as Hubs says and even got to have a nice lunch and snowy walk with the Hubs. We even ended the day on a positive note, fixing a delicious dinner together served with glasses of wine and the pups putting themselves to bed early.  Even though the day started off super rough, I will claim it for the win column!

I still woke up in the middle of the night, seriously not sure what that craziness is about, but since I was finally able to fall back asleep I feel well rested and ready to tackle the day. The babies are taking an early nap, according to Dad they woke him up around 330 am (oops, I slept through it) and were absolute terrors in the man cave.  Took him quite a bit of time to clean up the disasters.  So I figured I would enjoy the quiet, okay semi quiet, sweet Hubs is in a big band mood today and the sounds are drifting up the stairs.  I have to admit I enjoy it, I can almost envision flappers dancing around to it. 

I have quite a bit I want to accomplish today, as yesterday ended up filled with today's chores by a happy twist of fate. After I am done typing this morning I am going to whip up some rosemary Parmesan crackers.  We love them so much and they are the perfect addition to a warm soup on a cold winters day.  

I'm going to put my creativity to use for my sweet great nephew, my sister had a great idea of creating a hat to hold his oxygen tubes so that he doesn't have to have them taped to his face.  I am so intrigued and cannot wait to see what we can come up with, because searching has proven the only thing out there is the tape for his sweet little cheeks.  There are a couple of reasons to come up with an alternative, the first is that medical adhesive makes the skin hurt!  The second is those things are ghastly expensive. 

My youngest niece also asked if I can recreate a grown up version of her favorite skirt, I feel that I definitely can, so that is on the agenda for this week also.  I enjoy doing work for others.  Even if I am 100% sure I do not want to do quilting for others. 

Our great nephew got his scarf yesterday, I forgot to ask his Mom if I could share her picture of him wearing it, but I will tell you his happiness in the video filled my heart to the brim!  It's amazing when things are cherished that you have made.  He has it on for school today and frankly it looks quite stunning on him, if I do say so myself. 


I can finally share a picture of the baby lion I made from Legends' receiving blanket as I know they have at least seen it by now, not sure if they have it.  Only thing I would have done differently was have a "dog tag" made for it before I sent it, but I was in such a hurry to get it to them, that I completely spaced it off. 

At some point today I want to get a few soaps whipped up, I was quite embarrassed when I asked Hubs to remind me to go to the battery store for batteries for my favorite scale only to discover it simply took a standard AAA battery.  I swear I thought it took those little round disks.  Guess that is the other one.  So in his usual "Jim Dandy to the Rescue" mode, he hooked me up in minutes from his personal stash of batteries.  Yes, I am still blushing a bit at the fact that I failed to look into what was needed before asking.  Geez!

I bought a cute kit to make heart shaped soaps for the the youngest grands, luckily it is melt and pour and won't need 6 weeks to cure, because I definitely have not been the most organized person on the planet lately. I also have about 4 others that are quicker to make that will probably happen today.  



Add to that I want to whip up a batch of puppy paw balm, I don't want their little paws to be sore, and why buy it when I literally have everything to make it and not add chemicals into it. Yes they are spoiled... and?  What of it?  The amount of love those little demons give is immeasurable, they deserve the extra spoiling.  Not to mention that will take all of a couple of minutes time.  Once cooled they will feel great. 

I guess I did need that rough patch to balance out my life.  I needed a moment to remind me of all I have to be extremely grateful for even though it sometimes feels like the rough spot is much bigger than it actually is. Yesterday I was over the moon angry at the world, it felt like a completely uphill journey and I was flat out angry.  

Today, I feel filled with gratitude and joy, today I realize it was actually a mole hill that I imagined into the magnitude of Mount Everest. 


Well, before my babies wake up, I am going to finish up, some things are easier to do while they are resting.  Lesson learned from yesterday, always look for the bright side, even in the greatest mire of funk, because it is there and things always happen for a reason. 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...