Sunday, February 13, 2022

mañana...

brrrrr... okay Mother Nature is simply being mean, it's so cold.  The looks have been very deceiving out there, looked like it should be t-shirt and shorts weather, it is not. Even bundled up it was brutal while we walked the pups these past two days. Cold weather definitely screws with the potty training.  None of us want to be out more than a few minutes. Such a switch from just two days ago when my babies were sunbathing on the deck. 

It's been such a busy two days; I have loved it so much!  Time spent with Hubs, kids, pups, puttering, cleaning, crafting and being inspired.  The kind of stuff that fills your heart and soul.  Right now, Hubs is watching the Super Bowl, I'm semi-listening, not really caring.  I don't like football, it's simply not my thing. I'm sitting down here in the man-cave at my desk, I've been playing with my Cricut off and on for the past two days.  My desk faces the steps and watching the puppies running up and down the stairs is beyond hysterical.  Belle stops and peeks through at eye level, it's like watching a real-life puppy zoo, or maybe mommy zoo is what she is thinking. 


Gotta admit, I am having a great time creating with the Cricut, I am sure it will become more of an addiction for me than is probably healthy.  Just the same I am having a great time.  I made a door wreath for the eldest for Valentine's Day.  I offered the girl one, but she politely declined, she is very fussy about things, so it is always best to ask first.  She is getting the very unspecial rolling petfood holder that she fell in love with at our house.  Not gonna lie, if you are looking for a practical gift and you have pets, it is definitely a great choice.



Although when the girl saw the wreath, she immediately needed one for her dear friend.  Good thing hers was almost done when I found out she didn't want one.  Bonus round, it was almost finished, so I quickly finished it up and it's off to KC to her BFF.  Sometimes things happen for a reason. 

I also finished unknitting my sweater on the drive to get the grandbaby, unfortunately as I finished, I realized that I had read the darn pattern wrong and hadn't needed to unknit anything.  Seriously?  Luckily, knitting doesn't take as much time as unknitting and I was able to get all the way back to where I started unknitting over the course of the two-hour drive. So, weeks later, I am finally back to where I was.  I'm not sure if I should celebrate or mourn.  At any rate it is back on track.  I definitely wanted to cry for a few moments when I realized the error.  Life is about lessons; this sweater is proving to be a massive learning experience.  By the time I get around to making the one in brown I should be at expert level. 





I am not sure I am going to make it to the end of the game.  My puppies are winding down and I am too.  I still need to prep for tomorrow's meals and write out the weeks agenda in my calendar and wrap up the day.  


Tomorrow is another day, I need to modify the hats I made for Legend, he's a whole lot smaller than he looks in pictures.  I also need to see if I can find more hats that are simply smaller.  There is always plenty to do tomorrow, today, I'm just about ready to call it a night.  

love and peace... 

1 comment:

  1. Good one! Happy Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing your life with me!

    381+

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...