Thursday, February 17, 2022

thankful...

The steady rhythm of the rain pounding on the chimney cap at 3 am this morning woke me up.  It was so beautiful, we haven't had much rain in a long while, heck even the snow two weeks ago made only a minor difference in the river levels.  I've never seen so many sandbars in our rivers, normally they are mostly at flood stage except in late summer.  I was thankful to hear the sound of it.  It was heavy and pounding, I could simply imagine the rivers soaking up those rains, filling their basins, in my minds eye I could imagine the dry beds drinking it up and feeling refreshed. 

We'd gone to bed super early last night, both of us were tired, heck even the pups were tired they went into their kennels on their own at 7 pm.  So I don't feel tired, although I tried to get back to sleep, I even meditated trying to turn my brain off and put myself back to sleep.  I gave up almost an hour ago.  Decided it was time to start the day.  

I have a lot to accomplish today, we are heading for a short trip after lunch tomorrow and I would love to have my to do list wiped out before we go.  There is something so refreshing about coming home to a fresh house.  Where the beds are fresh, the laundry is completely caught up, floor are all mopped and carpets are all vacuumed and extracted.  It just feels nice.  I also need to do the packing thing and figuring out how to travel with pups.

That is going to be quite an experience, it's their first long, away from home trip.  We bought travel kennels for each of them, as their normal ones don't fit in my car.  I will need to be sure to pack lots of toys and treato's, these babies definitely love their treato's.  They are used to being in the car so I think they will do just fine.  We take them for lots of adventures. But I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed and saying a few extra prayers for a peaceful, uneventful adventure. 

We were hoping to meet our great nephew this trip, but he is in the hospital with a cold.  For most of us a cold is simply nothing to worry about, but when you have half a heart, a cold is a pretty big issue. In fact it can be life threatening without proper care.  I'm worried about his family, I imagine that even knowing he is getting top-notch care there is still so much angst and anxiety.  They are being wrapped in love and prayers, I hope they feel it.  Hubs and I are perfectly okay waiting until the perfect time to meet him, although the wait is bittersweet. We simply want the very best for him, I will admit to being a touch jealous of my mom and sister as they got to meet him already.  I am living vicariously looking at the pictures of them holding him.  Their smiles say it all. 

If you pray, they could use the extra prayers, if you believe in healing vibes, energy or whatever... please we are asking for you to lift them up and send them everything. 

It's time to get busy with my to do list, I'd like to get as much accomplished as I can before the pups vet appointment this morning and the snow that is predicted this afternoon. 

love and peace...


1 comment:

  1. Good one but heart wrenching worrying about the little guy.

    381+

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...