Saturday, February 26, 2022

those precious days...

Lazy, yup that is my current feeling.  I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee, enjoying the rising sun to my back and watching my puppies. I'm not in a hurry to do much of anything, in fact other than spending quality time with our dear friends this afternoon, I don't really have anything much on my agenda today. 

I have already finished my workout - and yes I am celebrating the fact that I am able to bend my knee even further.  I find myself getting lost in the effort to move it further and further back, celebrating each little smidgen of distance.  This morning by the time I hit 10 minutes, I was so thrilled to see that my left foot was positioned the same as my right, meaning I had the same exact bend in each knee.  This might seem like a silly thing to celebrate, but I am only in my mid-50's, my greatest fear with replacing my knee this young was that people would always be able to tell. I was afraid that even though the actual pain would be gone, the range of motion wouldn't return and I would have a forever limp (like I didn't have that to begin with...).  So I am going to be silly and celebrate every single milestone. 

I was listening to a great podcast this morning, it was a ray of hope in a game that seems designed to keep us all in fear.  I adore this woman, I have no idea how she showed up for me, but listening to her calm voice talking about the fact that every one of us has the ability to create the life and world that we want to live in strongly aligns to my own beliefs. 

It also got me reviewing what kind of world do I want to live in.  I want to live in a magical world, full of love, light, and energy.  I don't buy into many of the constructs that segments of society are trying to force on us.  I believe in doing good.  I believe in being present.  I believe in being open and honest.  I believe in spreading love and helping others.  

Imagine if currency was kindness.  Imagine if wealth was measured in the good that you do in this world. Would you be a millionaire?  Or a pauper? 

I am not sure I would be a millionaire, I try to live a life full of service, but I am sure there a many areas I could do better.  I sometimes end up lost in my own world and miss opportunities to positively impact another.  I don't hurt them, I am simply lost in my bubble and don't see them. 

Can you imagine a world where we didn't focus on survival (because that is where we have been forced to focus) and instead focused on spiritual growth.  On finding the magic that surrounds us. That which is hidden as we work on day to day survival, can you imagine the beauty? 

I am actually relishing this moment of laziness, it's giving me time to day dream, to imagine and visualize the world that I want be part of manifesting.  A world that allows people to explore their dreams and ideas.  A world full of freedom.  A world that allows you to follow your dreams and not be filled with fear.  

Each of us has amazing gifts that we brought into this world.  Far too many of us never realize them, we are far too busy chasing our tails and running in an endless rat race.  I have a lot of theories as to why this is, but I am choosing to not focus on that.  Instead I am choosing to focus on the world I want to be part of.  Maybe if enough of us do that, we can change the direction we have been trained to go.  

Do you feel it in your heart?  The desire to walk a different path?  I mean some of us are definitely on our life path, some were born knowing and have a laser focus on that path.  Me?  Not so much.  I am the one that has forever been wondering what I wanted to be when I grow up.  Maybe I couldn't decide because none of the options filled my soul?  

I am still exploring what fills my soul, but I will admit that the last 10 months have definitely started guiding me in the direction I want to go.  I'm still not clear, I'm still exploring ideas and dreams, I'm still finding myself.  But the journey has been amazing and blessed!

I think it's time to finish the little dog I am crocheting for a friend, drinking a few cups of hot coffee (this week hasn't been good for that) and maybe even do a bit of painting.  I need to set my intentions and plan for March, can you believe it is almost here?  And just enjoy time with Hubs and the Pups (we want a walk - the ice is still too concerning).  

Have a blessed day... spend some time focusing on the new world that you want to bring about... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...