Sunday, February 27, 2022

just being...

Yesterday was simply fabulous, the perfect bow to a wonderful week! Quality time with the Hubs, the Pups and dear friends!  I love spending time enjoying the people that are important in my world.  My week held a great deal of that, time with family and friends is priceless.  The only thing truly missing is time with the boy, but he is busy living his life way off on the coast. 

I'm not sure what today is going to hold.  The cold is finally shifting away, although it is only 19° this morning.  That is a bit nippy to go for a long walk yet, but we are definitely going to take advantage of the warming weather in a few hours and find a nice spot to take our babies walking.  I would love to go hiking, but everything is going to be very muddy today, as it was poor Beau was a very dirty little white puppy yesterday just from our walk through the neighborhood. 

It's sad, I would love to go to one of my favorite towns or trails to walk, but as we are thinking about it neither of us wants to waste the gas to go and enjoy life.  Gas prices have been on a steady increase for over a year. Now they seem to be on a direct rocket upwards. I'm not really buying their excuse, any more than I bought the other excuses.  It feels that it is simply about control. 

I'm not a fan of control, if you haven't figured it out yet. I am much more a live and let live kind of person. And I struggle when individuals feel they must control others.  

I pulled my energy card this morning and it was the third time I have pulled it in this month.  I pulled Yin, telling me to focus on my inside work.  To find the calmness and peace within myself.  I feel that is something that I have been doing a lot of without realizing it.  I have spent a lot of time simply being.  I've needed it.  When I have ventured out of that part of my life it has been to spend time with family and friends.  I haven't really put myself in any situations that are outside of that, it has felt healing. 

I am not sure if it is the time of the year, a time to hibernate and be still, or if it is simply the energy of the planets impacting on us. I have no idea what it is, my daughter hibernates every year at this time, I've often been a touch jealous of her ability to do so.  This year, as I have done the same, I fully understand the healing nature of doing so.  

As the temperatures are warming, the sun is out longer in the day I can even feel myself awakening. I feel my personal energy level increasing.  Not breaking through yet, but slowly.  I am starting to get spring fever.  I am longing to see that bright green that only shows itself during the spring time. On the flip side of that I am starting to want to do more and more outside in the beautiful sunlight.  Unusual for me, but I was excited to see the temperatures this week could get as high as 70°, I am ready to walk in the sunshine.  I am excited to feel the warmth and the energy that it brings. 

We are only a month and a few days from the first camping trip of the season, I cannot wait! I am ready to kick back and enjoy the peace with my sweet Hubs and my babies. Who knows maybe a grand or two will join us this year.  


My sweet Hubs is napping in his chair (he often wakes up super early - 3 am is the middle of the night FYI), the Pups are catching their first nap of the day and I am full of energy.  I am going to take this peaceful moment in time to putter around the house tidying up, finish up the little dachsund toy - I am so very close to being finished, and simply sit in the silence and plan out what I would like to manifest in March.  Soon we will get about, go run some errands and find delightful new scents for our little fur babies. Maybe a path we haven't encountered before or friends waiting to be made. Tonight... we have another group of friends that we will be joining for a wonderful dinner. 

I am going to enjoy these last few days of February... 

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...