Friday, February 18, 2022

ying and yang...

Another February Friday dawned bright and beautiful and snowy.  This seems to be a pattern, hopefully it fades when February does. It's beautiful, but super cold, like OMG my bones are freezing cold.  I am not usually someone that the cold bothers, but this bone chilling cold stinks. 

It's been a busy morning, we are heading out after lunch, the puppies first real trip and to see the family down south.  Actually, it's going to be the first time in a good while that all the sisters and mom will be together. I'm hoping for a family picture of the five of us, the last ones are getting a touch old.  Heck the last one I have of the four girls was taken before my youngest grand was born and she will be five next week. 

I'm even willing to have it taken with all the puppy wounds I have acquired this week, I'll just look like the loser in a knife fight... not that bad... but definitely noticeable.  Ms. Belle struggles with her excitement in the mornings and has to love with the mouth wide open, usually those razor sharp little chompers manage to catch my check or chin before I can move back quick enough.  She isn't biting, just bouncing around with her mouth open.  She is rapidly sorry and tries to make it better with kisses as soon as she see's it.  It's a learning curve. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit apprehensive.  We are all very strong willed women, with very different personalities and getting us all together often involves someone's feelings getting stomped on or a massive disagreement.  We all love each other unconditionally, we just often fall into the sibling dysfunctional bubble.  Add in that all of us are on the worry bus where the little warrior is concerned that will only amp it up.  It's always said about us that we will argue and fight like demons with one another, but heaven help the fool that thinks they will attack anyone of us.  We can circle the wagons faster than you could blink. 

Heck, I am pretty sure I'm the first one to step into the poo with a text string this morning.  I am desperately trying to understand things, I am not remotely in a medical field, never have been, and I asked a question.  Maybe I didn't word it correctly, I don't know.  But... anyone else's momma say to watch your words?  I am the biggest proponent of not having conversations via email or text as I know that they can easily be misinterpreted or misunderstood. Yet, we all text things in an imperfect manner with only the best of intentions sometimes. For now, I'm moving into emoji world.  I don't want to cause stress with questions that cannot be answered right now.  Prayers are enough. 

That being said little warrior is struggling a bit right now, the virus is moving into a what is evidently the hardest phase and he needs as many prayers as there are stars in the universe.  So... any prayers, healing thoughts or love sent his way would be greatly appreciated. 

Personally, I think I am going to step back into my shell and do a bit more meditating, I was in a great spot earlier, feeling a little off balance now.  My house is ready for us to leave, my puppies got their baths and I have us almost packed and ready to roll as soon as Hubs is free for the day.  I am looking forward to my sweet puppies first experience with traveling, Hubs and I love to wander so they will be joining us for many adventures.  This one won't include too many hikes or time outside exploring, but it might include meeting new pups (my mom and sister have dogs) it will involve meeting new people and their first hotel experience. Should definitely be an interesting weekend. 

Well, time to finish getting ready to travel... I've decided to not take my computer with me this weekend.  I'm going to disconnect a bit.  Focus on knitting, puppies and family, maybe even some wine.  Not necessarily in that order... I hope that everyone has a peaceful and love filled weekend... let those around you know they are important.  

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...