Friday, February 25, 2022

what matters most...

Belief.  Do you experience moments when you simply don't know what or who to believe? I live in that bubble often.  News is not something I can believe at all anymore. I am truly becoming a question everything kind of person as more and more the world feels surreal and made up like a bad television show. I often find myself questioning why.  Things seem so random and out of sequence, without rhythm and rhyme. 

That was the start to my blog yesterday, I was seriously on the struggle bus as you can tell.  Instead of finishing, or even deleting, I decided to stop and walk away from it. I filled my icy day yesterday with life.  I turned of the media, stepped away from social media and had a blessed day celebrating my youngest grand child.  I helped her prep for her big day, I mean 5 is a pretty power filled age you know.  Moving from being a preschooler into the exulted age of kindergartner. She is ready to take on the world.  Watching her adjust her tiara and fix her hair and "make-up" she was stepping from four to 15 in moments. 




The weather slowed down the events of the day, moving them to today.  So she will get to celebrate twice, well three times actually as she will head to her fathers this afternoon.  The pups are ready in their party finest to go and visit her and all her friends at school.  







They are all so excited that there is going to be puppy time. My fingers are definitely crossed that my little bundles of energy that haven't had a proper walk in about 36 hours are going to be sweet and calm.  Not incredibly full of confidence, but we will give it a shot. 


My daughter's world got mixed up a bit as one of their kitties had to have "minor surgery" yesterday that turned into "major surgery" which led to trips to a special pharmacy to get medications and a kitty that is going to need to be watched over for months.  I was so very thankful for my new life, because I was able to step into the void for her.  While she dealt with adulting, I was able to be there to bake cupcakes and prep the dinner party she threw for our little "adult".  

We didn't know how many folks would make it, the roads were okay, but with weather like that you simply never know.  Both of her older brothers made it, which filled her heart to brimming.  They had substantial drives and we weren't sure the weather was going to good enough for them.  I sort of choked when she'd told me early in the day that she really hoped there were a lot of people at her party.  I was worried that it wouldn't happen, but it did.  

The house was brimming with happy people.  All intent on making that five year old's birthday one to remember.  Her teacher was there, her favorite neighbors and friends, my heart was full and happy to see her laughing and smiling.  To hear the heart felt thank you's for every gift she received.  Her eyes lit up like Christmas when she realized that her teacher had even come for her party. 

As I filled my life with those things yesterday, I was able to step outside of the movie that the world is putting on for us.  That's how it feels, like a badly scripted movie.  I am not convinced that what we are seeing on the news is accurate.  It feels too ironic.  I mean we are just coming out of a "pandemic", even Gates is saying it's over - the harbinger of doom... and almost instantly we are being drawn visually into yet another drama?  Why?  What is the reason?  I question the timing, countries can go straight from locking their citizens down to every one having disputes?  I mean I guess if you have folks locked down for long periods they can get a little loopy... but this just doesn't make any sense when you look at it critically.  But then neither did the "pandemic". 

It was a wonderful full day yesterday, filled with quality family time, love, joy and happiness.  I expect today will be similar.  In about an hour the Pups and I will head to the grands school.  After that, I have a pretty full day of creating and spending time with my puppies. 

I made a batch of hand lotion for myself and a friend yesterday - I am in love with it, if I stay in love with it, I might make a few jars up for sale, we'll see.  Even Hubs liked it. I also picked up the few odds and ends I needed to make a few random projects and I have a crochet project to complete today.  I'm still working on "that" sweater and might even head downstairs and work on unquilting that quilt.  That will depend on Hubs work schedule. 

I am choosing to stay outside of the media circus, I am choosing to stay informed (not from the mainstream media) but to stay out of things that simply do not involve me.  I am choosing to be prepared for anything that results from the chaos that is being created (again it's all too convenient - massive inflation was already happening and now there's a war? Please!) by making sure that I have the things I need, maybe I won't be traveling so much for a minute in time.  Maybe we don't have all the things we feel we want.  Doesn't matter.  




What matters is that my family is well cared for and loved.  That I take the time to do things with my family, friends, and neighbors.  That we look out for one another.  Like yesterday, when the ice rain finally stopped and it was deep enough to need to be dealt with, sweet Hubs went out with his snow blower and took care of our walk/drive and several of our neighbors, then he headed over to our girls and did hers.  He didn't have to, he did it because caring for others is what you should do. 

This bubble is kind of my sweet space.  I love that it can grow to accommodate everyone that wants to be part of it, yet is strong enough to keep hearts safe and love growing. 

love and peace...  

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...