Wednesday, February 2, 2022

lazy, snowy day...

Just opened the door to see if we were actually getting snow, not yet, we are still at the ice pellet stage, everything is being coated in a mixture of sheets of ice and ice pellets.  I am not a fan of ice.  Ever. I didn't anticipate the pups running out into it, as Belle had already refused to go out into it earlier.  Sure enough Beau lead the way, bouncing out the front door, running back, and bouncing out again.  He sure does love scooping up little mouthfuls and trying to eat it.  Belle even had to join in on the raucous behavior, moving in her typical warp speed fashion in circles around the front yard.  It was so funny to see, I wish I had been able to capture it on my camera, but equally thankful to capture it solely in my heart.  

A quick trip to the deck had them running in circles out there too, Beau being the most reluctant yet again to come inside.  He has a slightly thicker coat, the cold doesn't seem to bother him at all.  They are both snuggled in front of the fireplace now, enjoying the warmth on the big pillow. 


Personally, I'm debating with myself.  Do I go back to sleep, I didn't get much rest last night - old habits die hard.  After years of having to be on high alert with bad weather, I am not sure how to behave when the only thing I have to worry about it walking my puppies.  Or do I finish the task that Hubs and I started last night.  We finally got both vehicles in the garage.  We put the boat on a pulley system and it is suspended from the ceiling (yes I am nervous - but choosing to have faith).  We still need to find a home for one of the saws, because in the walk path is not a good spot.  But other than that, we made great progress.  Now I just need to move the stuff that was stored in the garage into the basement storage room and out of the kitchen.  Never ending process. 




I simply find it hard to believe that less than twelve hours ago we were sneaking up on 60 degrees and out walking the babies at a park on lunch break.  Both of us regretting our choice of wearing a jacket.  Today, the fire is still burning bright and warm and we are snuggled up inside.  Crazy weather for this wonderful 2/2/22 day!  Is it an omen of things to come?

Cleaning up around my house won, Hubs came up and got the babies excited about outside again..  I stress when things are out of order, when there are messes everywhere I turn.  So I figured might as well bite the bullet and tackle the issue at hand.  I have no desire to leave my nice warm house, the wind is roaring, I am listening to my chimes flying around and the ice pellets hitting the windows. 

Most of the kitchen is cleaned the yummy lemon scones were baked and eaten and probably 90% of the stuff is where it belongs. Hubs is now on a conference call, the big snowflakes are falling intermittently, and the pups are both now snoozing in their kennels.  

I guess it's time to get on with the day... 

love and peace...



1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...