Monday, February 21, 2022

my daily life is enough...


We are home.  Sitting here in my living room, listening to the sounds of the birds chirping, the puppies playing and Hubs' music drifting up from his home office, I feel content and at peace.  

It was a good weekend. We love to see the family, we are always loathe to make the trip.  It's long and basically boring.  If they would finish the highway it wouldn't be nearly as challenging, but that middle 60 to 80 miles of two lane through little towns along rough roads, well... 

 Everyone was together, there was laughter and smiles.  There were intense conversations, there were moments of lighthearted laughter.  We saw everyone except my niece and her family.  

In all honesty, they needed peace and to hibernate.  Their little warrior is fighting hard, the news they keep getting is anything but strong and inspiring right now, this is normal, they expect it, but they also need time to build up their emotional reserves, not expend them fielding off well meaning questions and concerns.  They needed time to balance their hearts and emotions. We all understood and sent them loving wishes and quiet thoughts and prayers.  They are strong, but even the strongest need a moment to breathe. 


This weekend was the babies first trip, their first encounter with the rest of the family and their first visit with other pups.  It was a raving success.  They played like crazy, went for long walks with mom and dad and ran around in Gramma's yard with the the other pups living their best lives. 









On the journey both to Arkansas and back we found lots of neat little parks to explore, walking paths full of new scents. We had pups manipulating mommy like crazy, when the traveling got too much they knew they were going to get extra cuddles and loves and took full advantage of it.  

Northeastern Arkansas was heavily flooded, so some of the parks were limited in the areas available to walking, on the way down it was bad, on the return trip it was even worse.  The Current river looked to come up over 5 feet in two days.  We'd noticed a jeep parked up a road on Friday, as we drove back Sunday my thought was... well someone screwed up, because it won't be getting out of there on it's own, and I know from years of driving that road, that the water there only get's higher, until late spring.  I felt for them, I've had a vehicle go under water, it is not fun to deal with. 


My babies are glad to be home.  They are romping and playing like crazy.  Acting like they haven't seen their toys in years.  It's sort of hysterical.  But watching them play, get scolded by the senior dogs and learn social cues from other pups was incredible.  I am feeling stronger about them spending some quality time in puppy day care after the next set of shots.  They need to learn social cues and how to respect them.  They even spent the evening with Gramma and her pups.  They did so well that I am incredibly proud of them!







It was nice to spend time together with my sisters and mom.  We even got the picture I wanted taken.  Is it always smooth?  Nope, we are all so very different that we don't flow, we love, we don't flow. 

I would have loved the opportunity to go hiking with my nephew and his family, I'm sure his mom and dad would have joined us. The weather was perfect for it, unfortunately there simply wasn't time to squeeze it in.  When you do a quick weekend trip that means you simply do the basics.  We'd also wanted to do the winery.  Mom didn't want to so we scrapped it this time.  Next trip will include a hike and the winery even if that is the only reason we travel south on that trip. 

Last night as I was soaking in a hot bath, relaxing from an incredibly fast weekend I decided to start reading up on some of my cheese making stuff.  HOLY MOSES!  I am not sure what I have gotten myself into with this idea.  I am not even sure I have enough space to do this, I mean I know she says you can make it in your kitchen, but I am questioning how HUGE her kitchen must be.  I mean presses sitting on the counter for days?  I am going to have to get super organized and not plan other activities in the kitchen for the same time frame.  I also learned that patience will definitely be taught during this course.  Some of these cheese have to age for 18 months?!  I mean will I even remember I am making them?  Additionally... it appears I need a cave?  Not sure what in the blazes that means, and I am a bit concerned about it. I guess I'd better start reading heavily and taking some serious notes, as I am fairly positive that I am completely confused and feeling like I have bitten off way more than I can chew!

Either that or I am going to fall deeply in love and Hubs and I are going to have move out in the country and buy a bunch of goats and a milking cow so I can become an artisan cheese maker... no... I don't see that happening. Evidently you can also make some interesting butters for cooking.  Oh my... what rabbit hole have I slid into?



Well, my little Belle has curled up beside me for her morning nap, her brother is stretched out in my chair.  I think I am going to do some more reading of my cheese class and planning out my week while I drink my coffee.  I will check in on family, plan today's walks and simply cherish this life I have been given. It's a beautiful day here in our castle and my life is definitely enough...

love and peace... 


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...