Monday, February 14, 2022

another day...

Happy Valentine's Day world! I don't personally feel like I need a special day to celebrate love, I am very blessed in my life, I am surrounded with love. I mean just this morning I got woken up to hot coffee, a handmade love poem and puppies that missed mommy all night long! Not to mention fires in both fireplaces.

If you haven't experienced a puppy pile on at 6 am, you haven't lived.  They haven't yet figured out how to control their excitement and jumping up into bed to wake up mommy was definitely the highlight of their morning.  I'm super thankful I heard Hubs say are you ready to wake up mommy, so I had time to put the blanket over my face.  Their excitement could have caused injury. 

I'm not a valentine's day fan, I often feel it is an over hyped make believe holiday for the benefit of corporate greed.  Flowers become prohibitively expensive, same with sweets and heart shaped everything. It's absolutely ridiculous. I hate how it tears at people that aren't in a "couple" situation, hello world, sometimes it's great to be living the life you want and you simply don't need a fake holiday thrown at you to make you question that. 

Yep, not a fan. 

I get to spend my time with my amazing Hubs, it's my personal choice in life.  I have the most amazing guy to share each step of my journey.  For me, it is perfection. He gets me.  He gets my quirks and my oddities.  He understands when I take over the kitchen counter and spread out sheets of white paper so that I can paint and create.  He understands when I get lost in the projects I am working on or forget to do the chores - I will admit he notices when I forget to feed him.  He doesn't like to miss meals. But other than that, he just glides through life side by side with me.  Allowing the occasional chaos to simply exist. 


If he thinks it's bad now.  I am dying to know what it will be like when I start making cheese.  I got my books the other day, I haven't put aside the time to dive too deeply in yet, wrapping up some other things. But at first glance... looks like I will need to build a cheese press. I finally figured out where to store everything else, and now I need to figure out where to store a cheese press when not in use?  Oh my, sweet Hubs is already starting to process building one, he benefits from my hobbies, they are never simply about me. 

I simply observe in wonder sometimes, I always have something that I am making or doing - at least one thing - often many things at a time.  Hubs is content to sit and watch movies or lounge out on the back deck watching movies on his phone while smoking one of his cigars - lost in the world that makes him happy.  It makes me crazy to simply sit and watch others, I don't understand it at all.  I am not nearly as understanding, I know it, I can't help it.  Yet he just watches me surrounded by chaos and projects and lets me roll the way I do.  I could learn a thing or two from him. 

Take the time to enjoy your loved ones, spend time together, do the things.  If you must buy gifts... well buy them - but do it because you want to, not because of huge marketing pressure, make it about them and things that are useful and beneficial.  

Always celebrate the moments.  I'll be completely honest for me... a cup of hot coffee put into my tired hands first thing in the morning screams I love you far more than a Hallmark card ever will.  The time that I have spent with my daughter helping her with one of her projects this week has been such powerful love feeling for me.  I am about service, I love to help and be helped.  

Speaking of which.... my sweet great nephew is back in the hospital he's having a few issues, so please pray, and I am heading up to my sewing room to see about further modifications to his hat to hold his oxygen tubes, he's far too little for the tiny one already made.  I can't be there to help and wouldn't be able to if I was able to be there.  But I can work on something that might just make his life a bit easier.  That is how I can show my love for him. 

Okay folks... time to get with it... much love and joy to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...