Wednesday, February 16, 2022

removing oneself...

I made some decisions yesterday.  I would love to delete Facebook completely, but unfortunately that is the platform for several classes I am taking.  So... there's that. But I did log off and will only be bouncing on to participate in my classes, I need space from the rolling negativity that is out there, from the control that other's are trying to force onto our lives and our free thought.  I can't deal with it any longer, or rather I won't. 

Last time I checked our constitution said we were born free.  So... count me in the free column. I also muted Nextdoor, debating on unsubscribing, but need to find an alternative to find out local community stuff as that seems to be the way everyone is communicating right now. I am only going to allow myself short window's of time to log on and check things out.  

Instead of wasting time in those bubbles, I spent time out at the park in the beautiful sunshine yesterday having a picnic with our youngest grand and the Pups.  I spent time starting my basil indoors (keep your fingers crossed - it's a first for me) and I also got the lavender seeds soaking in the fridge.  We'll see how that experiment turns out. 




A miraculous thing happened when I made the decision to basically stop using social media as a time suck.  My stress immediately went down.  My angst and anxiety ceased to be there.  I wasn't angry. I guess it is similar to when I stopped watching the news, because there was a time that I was a serious news junkie, it was always on, always blaring in some way around me.  It was the only thing I turned the television on for, I read it, I listened on the radio.  Then one day I noticed what they were talking about non-stop wasn't at all related to what I personally was observing and living.  I realized it was simply there to train you to think the way they wanted.  I realized that it was straight up propaganda.  I turned it off.  I've never looked back.  I prefer to see with my own eyes and to feel with my own heart.  I don't want to listen to the b.s. any longer. 

I woke up this morning, with what I had felt all along confirmed.  The other day it was non-stop breaking news that Russia would invade Ukraine at 2:30 in the morning on Feb. 16 - I'm assuming they were lying, as they are in a different time zone than we are and there has been no breaking news of an invasion.  

I'm tired of all of the fear mongering.  I told Hubs that I firmly did not believe the Russian government would announce an invasion - sort of defeats the purpose don't you think? As I wean the last of the propaganda news from my system and days pass from things they try to instill fear in you about - things that never happen, I am sure I will feel even more at peace. 

This morning as the sun dawned a beautiful red and I puttered out in the tree top garden, I am not someone to let 55 degree weather go to waste, I could feel something very right in my soul.  I was cherishing the calmness, having my fingers in dirt and wind in my hair.  I can't be the only human on the planet that is simply over the ignorance?

As the sun was rising we took the pups for a long walk and are now curled up on their respective beds snoozing away the morning.  There is bad weather blowing in as I type, over sixty degrees yesterday and snow by tomorrow - ah the Midwest. 

The confusion on their faces when Hubs and I were down in the yard and they were blocked up on the deck was absolutely priceless.  Tomorrow the guy is coming to give us a couple of bids on fencing, so we needed to get into agreement on what we wanted it to look like and what would be best for our babies.  Sure hope he shows up early in the day before the weather goes from wet to freezing. 

I honestly think I am looking forward to fencing a piece of our property to give them space to run and be silly, but to also give some boundaries to our world.  I know for a fact it will not keep the deer out of the yard, I watch them effortlessly jump over the neighbors fence all the time.  It will probably not give too much of a deterrent to the coyote and fox either, but knowing my babies can run makes me happy.  Besides, I spend a stupid amount of time outside when it isn't freezing, maybe I will find places to plant more plants and expand the beauty surrounding our home.  

photo credit - youngest grand!

Well, I have a ton of things I want to accomplish today, and one must make haste while babies sleep... if you need me, you know how to reach me... 

love and peace...


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...