Sunday, February 6, 2022

busy kind of day...

I don't know how I keep doing it, but boy do the weekends fly past.  I mean I don't go to work on Monday, shouldn't they feel like any other day? Yet here it is 4 pm on Sunday and I have no idea where the weekend has flown off to. I still need to finish tidying the kitchen - I cleaned out my soaping closet, so I still have a few things that need to get tossed.  

I was going to make a couple of batches of soap this weekend, but somehow... poof... not only did it not get done, but I also don't intend to do it, not today.  I'm tired. There is always tomorrow.  Now that my soaping supplies are organized, I can honestly say that I am excited to get some made. I know where everything is, what I have for supplies (what I have way too much of), it feels so great to be organized finally.  

I keep organizing and getting rid of stuff and it feels like I am not getting ahead.  For each room I finish, it feels like the others are breeding or something.  I know it isn't the case, but it certainly feels never ending.  I guess it is probably more linked to the fact that as you get an area completely the way you want it, you decide there is more clutter (getting rid of stuff is slightly intoxicating) and it's time to dig in deeper. 


It also helps me feel in control around the puppy chaos, because there is a lot of puppy chaos! And yes I am guilty as sin, I am not even going to try and pawn it off on Hubs, he helps, but I am fairly certain it is mostly me spoiling these little fur balls. 



Anyone else spending their weekend creating order out of chaos?  Digging out of snow?  Or have you mastered the art of enjoying the weekend?  

I'm not saying we haven't enjoyed our weekend.  We have found time each day to go for beautiful walks in the snow with our babies.  Beau is addicted.  Belle loves the walks now that it is warmer, she is always bouncing along looking for new scents to enjoy. 



The weight of the snow took out my gazebo on Friday. Hubs and I did not enjoy cleaning that mess up, but the pups are in heaven.  Their own private snow mountains.  Not so sure I will replace the gazebo, I loved the shade, but the deck sure feels bigger now that there is nothing blocking the view. We'll see.  I definitely have time to think about it and can always put an umbrella up again if I want shade. 



Right now I am envisioning the way I can make the treetop garden more inviting and what plants I want to plant.  I will be home enough to take care of a vegetable garden again this year and there are a few interesting plants that I am exploring. Hubs and I really like okra and I have found some interesting varieties that I might try growing.  I've never had pink or purple okra before.  I also want to plant vegetables that will be yummy with the cheeses I will be making. I am definitely considering french radishes, cucumbers, and maybe even some carrots to go with the tomatoes and peppers.  Those are non-negotiable and I am definitely planting more cayenne peppers - one can never have too many red pepper flakes. 

Well... as much as I want to sit here daydreaming and watching the deer frolic in the snow, I need to get with it.  A friend is coming over with his daughter to play with the puppies and Hubs needs a haircut shortly. 

love and peace...


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...