Monday, March 7, 2022

experiencing life...


Well shoot, looks like winter had a thing or more to say before it shuffles away this year. While out for dinner last night with family and friends the first real thunderstorm of the year rolled in.  It was filled with loud crashes, brilliant flashes of light and lots of rain.  It was the perfect background for a warm and delightful evening inside around grill, experiencing new foods, culture and people.  

Today, it's still dreary with a sprinkling of snow showers, yes I said snow showers, but the temperature is already moving up and the snow is moving out for a few mild days before coming back to give us another shout out to remember during those miserable hot summer days. 

I'm waiting for the temp to increase marginally before taking the babies for a long walk.  I'm also hoping a bit of the rain dries up, a white puppy that loves mud puddles is a puppy that will need extra baths. 

It's amazing the gifts the universe provides if you are only open to it.  Yesterday was such a busy day, we had our final party for the littlest one, it had gotten rescheduled - those things happen when you have a co-parent situation.  And my daughter found the coolest little place to go, it's a makerspace for kids.  They didn't give us great directions, but we made it work just the same.  The kids all ate and then they got to create to their hearts content.  Taking home tons of treasures that they created. We also got to see the oldest daughter and the oldest grand.  It was fantastic! 

But the universe wasn't finished.  Because just as I walked out of the room to go ask a question for my girl, here comes one of my favorite people!  I haven't seen her in forever and I have been missing her like crazy.  She was there with her kiddo's and their cousins.  I was absolutely over the moon!  Even funnier as we stepped back from exchanging one of those deep hugs that only members of the same tribe can experience, we noticed that we were dressed almost identical.  Sage green sweaters and blue jeans.  It was so funny and so wonderful all at the same time.  She has been on my mind like crazy and I have completely missed spending time with her chatting away the hours.  We used to do lunch together once a month.  I miss that terribly. 

I guess the universe knew what I was longing for and made it happen.  Or maybe I simply manifested it, she has crossed my mind so much the past two weeks. She lives in that crazy busy world I used to live in too, I understand the immense strain of it all and trying to raise beautiful daughters and maintain a relationship.  There just aren't enough hours in a day. 

I was perfectly content enjoy the beautiful "coincidences" of the day.  I was not excited about going out to dinner with a new group of people later in the evening.  I know the guy, but I don't know him.  He owns the nail salon that we go to, have for years, and my daughter, Hubs and I helped him with some work around his salon.  To thank us, he wanted to take us all out for dinner. He picked the spot, as he wanted us to experience something new and different. So authentic Korean BBQ it was.  It ended up being all of us and all of his family, as they were celebrating one of the kids' birthdays.  

Make new friends!

YO!

She found herself new friends

It's not cheers... it's YO!



Just 5 years old and a master with 
chopsticks... unreal... 

I don't do well with new situations, I feel awkward and uncomfortable.  The K's made it fun and such a great experience.  We tried so many things, decided that we were really okay with not asking and just enjoying.  They helped us learn to navigate so many things that we had never tried before.  It was an evening filled with laughter, falling in absolute love with a grapefruit wine and spending time with new friends.


Hangry grand...

K showing us how it's done

Grampa trying to pull the grand out 
of her grumpy mood... 

Gotta say... it was the kind of day I needed. It simply filled my spirit to overflowing.  My apprehension was needless on all accounts. 

Today I will shift gears entirely.  

puppy food

Today I will work on the things on my to do list.  I will make a large batch of puppy food, as the small batch was devoured.  I also want to try my hand at making a few batches of treats. With prices the way they are, I feel homemade is going to be the way to go. I might even make a batch or two of soap, it isn't going to be a play outside kind of day, so... Today is going to be a day of catching up. 

posing for mom

It will be a day of solitude for the most part.  I am good with that.  My soul needs it. I am finding that balancing the busy, out of my comfort zone days with the quiet, productive days makes me feel calm and brings out the desire for more of those busy days. 

Well, I need to get started on the doings today... 

love and peace!


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...