Wednesday, March 16, 2022

or loved?

Sadly I might have to finally admit that my puppies are a bit spoiled. I'm only conceding a bit, I prefer to think of it as well loved. I just cleaned up the first of today's shred messes, lets just say the Christmas tree toy is no longer with us, well at least as a toy.  It's currently a flat piece of fabric. There are many toys in the scrap pile now, I haven't thrown all of them out because they carry around the flat and sad carcass like a trophy for a day or so.  I don't have the heart to take away their treasure that they worked so hard for. 

I won't say the daily(hourly) toy slaughter is the reason they are spoiled.  I mean all dogs destroy their toys on a fairly regular basis, especially as puppies.  Nope, the reason they might be spoiled is because they are both on a food protest. I ran out of time yesterday and didn't get a fresh batch of homemade vittles done for them.  I had plenty of canned food on the shelf and figured for one meal it wouldn't hurt them in the least. 

They have a very different thought on the matter.  After our walk this morning, I prepared breakfast, as I always do.  The only difference was it was the canned food, not the fresh stuff. One nibble and sniff each and they retreated to the living room.  They simply aren't interested and are not going to eat it.  The protest has started. My two highly food motivated babies are flat out refusing to eat.  I will bet cold hard cash (and I don't gamble) that my babies will be sitting at my feet howling when I start making their food in a short while. 

I made them several new treats yesterday.  I am still on a mission of discovering what they like the best.  Liver treats of any kind are still the top choice.  I made a different recipe yesterday.  They love them!  I know for a fact that Liver Lovers will stay on the menu. 

Liver Lovers

Liver Lovers

They were over the moon in love with the Carrot Crunchies, gotta admit I was hesitant to grind up puppy chow in my food processor - and it is definitely ear splitting when you do it... FYI.  But as much as they like them, those ones will stay on the menu also.  I had to tweak that recipe a bit though, so next time I will have to remember to write down all of the changes it required. 

Carrot Crunchies

Carrot Crunchies

The one I thought they would lose their minds over Cheese Crispies only got a lukewarm reception.  As much as these guys love cheese, I thought for sure it was going to be a favorite.  That one is going into the maybe pile of recipes. 

Cheese Crispies

I think they are good on treats for about a week or two.  As I determine what we will try next.  I am having fun doing it, it saves me quite a bit of money and I have the time.  It feels like a win/win scenario to me. And no I do not spend all of my time spoiling my puppies.  A good portion, but not all of it, I also just admitted that they are semi-spoiled. I consider it growth on my part. 

I'm finding lots of things intriguing and distracting today, probably because I am starting to get very tired. I woke up at 3 am, simply unable to return to sleep.  I tried doing some boring reading, but my brain immediately kicked back into overdrive, I have a lot of things on my mind lately, a long list of things I want to do and or accomplish before camping season starts.  As a result, I am feeling a little sluggish right now.  The pups are starting to want to stay up later also, so my nights are ending a whole lot later than they used to.  So if you see me with bags under my eyes, understand I am making it on about five hours of sleep each night right now.  Bonus round if you show up with coffee. 

We are officially 15 days away from our first camping trip of the year and the babies first camping trip ever. In fact the next two weeks are going to be so busy if I am going to get all of the stuff I want to accomplish done. 

By the time camping season starts I want to be caught up, so that time isn't spent worrying about all the things I didn't get done.  April is going to be a hopping month.  Camping the first weekend, Hubs birthday celebration the next weekend. Easter and my baby sisters 50th birthday the third weekend and then the last week of the month we are taking a full week to go camping in Paducah and attend quilt week. It will be gone in the blink of an eye.  That last weekend is going to be a big one for Hubs.  His sister and niece will finally get to meet his oldest.  It's going to be so awesome. 

All of these things are probably the reason that I am struggling to sleep.  So much to accomplish before such a busy month.  No wonder my brain feels like it is doing somersaults all night long. 

I decided to complete the ironing and put away the laundry at 4 am, very quietly so I didn't wake up Hubs or the pup, it's been on the to do list since Sunday.  And after my daughter started painting my doors and baseboards, I am very motivated to help her with the project... wow were they dingy. I was shocked at the difference.  Turned on the light after three of them were done and was stunned at how bright it is now. Now I want to freshen all of the paint, but I think that will wait until winter.  Or blistery hot summer days.  Too much else going on right now. I will wait until this afternoon before I do that, and I need to get a beer out of the fridge so I can start dinner.  We are doing St. Patrick's day a day early so that my youngest grand gets to celebrate before heading to Dads. 

just the first coat on the right... Ughhh...

Well, it's time to spoil my babies and make their dinner for the next few days.  Although they have to eat the canned food before they get another batch of homemade (they aren't that spoiled)... definitely time to get busy! 


1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...