Thursday, March 31, 2022

catching up...

It looks like the rain has passed, the coffee is hot and the air is fresh.  I'm ready to tackle today.  My to do list is super long and distinguished at this point, but... I needed to sit with my emotions yesterday. I needed to find a peaceful spot and give myself the same grace I try to give others. 

I just got off the phone with one of my family members, they have a long road ahead of them, but they will both be okay. I can only send prayers and positive thoughts.  Sadly, the rest of the journey rests in their soul, there is no magic pill to send, no gift that will heal the damage. So I will stand on the sidelines a bit helpless and prayerful. 

The time with my girls yesterday filled my heart and lifted my spirits.  We had so much fun painting rocks.  It wasn't exactly what we expected, but it was fun just the same. The youngest made a friend and had a blast. I honestly think watching her enjoy the time with her new friend more than all of the rest. 


Hubs was under the weather when I returned home, and I was afraid I was going to have to cancel our first camping trip of the year.  In fact I was downright certain of it. He's right as rain this morning, so lunchtime will involve us going out to get the camper and bringing it home.  That way I can spend this afternoon getting it loaded up, making the bed and starting the process to heading out in the morning. 

It's going to be colder and a bit damper than we planned, but it will be wonderful just the same. The pups are going to enjoy it, or at least I hope so.  We'll be doing a lot of walks, because they are absolutely not used to being confined to 21 ft of space.  We also got a portable fence to put up, but as it will be their first time with it, I'm sure they will be confused and not really understand the situation. 

Ms Belle needs pillows

Beau thinks my feet make a great pillow...

The babies got away with sleeping with mom last night.  When I got home dad had them in bed with him, they were not about to leave the upstairs.  And who can refuse puppy eyes?  I mean evidently dad can, because he went to sleep in the guest room, behind a closed door... they were disrupting his rest, I get it, I was a bit worried about him last night myself.  I could not refuse the sweet puppy eyes that I got, so they stayed upstairs in bed with mom.  Both jockeying to be the closest to me.  

Translation... dang I'm tired. But I have two very happy puppies.  I'm not sure that is a fair trade off, but... I do love happy puppies. 

As much as I want to sit here and savor my now cold coffee and relax, today is not the day for it... time to hustle...

love and peace my friends... 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...