Tuesday, March 1, 2022

I'm standing...

Oh my... sorry folks but today calls for a double dipper!  No not ice cream, blogs!  My experience this morning was so inspiring that I needed to take a deep breath and process the moment.  I might make some of you angry and you will quit reading, sorry, but I am rather tired of bottling up my thoughts, feelings and emotions to prevent someone from getting their panties in a twist. I have thoughts and feelings too, and they matter also. 

As I stood on the bridge overlooking highway 44 waiting for the convoy this morning it was an indescribable feeling.  Flags were waving everywhere, the sky was a brilliant blue, people were laughing and talking to one another, excited to be a part of such an experience. And seeing that first truck roll over the hill took my breath away!

Last night I had watched the rally about the flag mounted proudly on the first truck.  I had heard the story and listened intently with tears rolling down my face.  That flag represented the sacrifice of a soldier from WWII, his wife gave it to them to fly, so that her sweet husband would be part of something that he had fought for so long ago.  The preservation of freedom. 


Don't get me wrong, I do understand that some people do not believe their freedoms have been infringed on, some do not believe that mandates and decrees are strong enough.  Ironically the ONLY two masks I saw graced the faces of people proudly wearing their "press badge".  I fully respect your beliefs, thoughts and ideals.  They aren't mine. So on that point we are going to have to agree to disagree. 







Being part of such a beautifully inspiring peaceful protest this morning was beyond affirming.  Listening to the laughter and the joy.  Wow! Just WOW! 

There was one woman beside us, who evidently is making a name for herself on Telegram - I will say when the media interviewed her - she absolutely made me ill.  Not because she was teary and passionate, but because she turned it on like a faucet.  No different than the other theatrics being played out around the world.  But listening to the people around me, talking, cheering, celebrating being together.  That... was something else all together.  

The media was there for a portion of it, but they got their moments worth of talking points and poof they were gone.  I'm choosing to not listen to any of their shows, I was there, I experienced it first hand.  For 35 minutes straight Semi's of every type, passenger vehicles, recreational vehicles, buses, motorcycles you name it poured under the bridge I was standing on.  Waving flags, honking horns, waving to the people that came out to support them.  If your stuff is on one of them FedEx trucks I saw... well it might be late. There were far more than I was prepared to count, three lanes strong at most times. 

Popping up every few moments were the glad handing politicians.  So full of themselves that they failed to notice the event wasn't about them. So eager to tell everyone within earshot that they are there to make a difference.  Hmmmm... didn't feel that way, not in the least. 


All of them prepared to make a stand. All of them putting their lives on hold to make a point.  Freedom isn't free.  And it can be lost in the twinkling of an eye. 


My feet were frozen, the ice hadn't melted away.  The wind was strong, nothing to block it as it whipped past us.  The joyous feeling has my heart filled.  My faith in mankind has been rekindled. 

If I lose friends, so be it.  Please remember for these two wearying years I supported your belief system and your fears.  I didn't judge you.  I didn't agree, but you probably never even knew that. So be it, it is what it is, I chose to stand for freedom.  I am all to aware that we have been on a brutally slippery slope for a long time.  Slowly things have been cancelled, rights have been chipped away, freedoms have been curtailed.  I admit to even buying into the belief that some of those times I supported the action out of fear. 




Not too long ago I sat in the midst of people that I thought were my friends and listened to them bashing the people I happily gathered with today.  Saying they were instilling hatred and fear.  As I stood near a gentleman waving a HUGE Gadsden flag I thought back to a heated discussion about how that flag represented hatred and people were afraid they would be harmed by those displaying it.  At the time it made me angry, I felt my voice was too small to be heard.  Today, it's true meaning rang loud and clear... It represents individual freedoms and limited government.  Funny, I didn't feel any hatred or fear being instilled today.  I felt power and freedom. I still consider some of those people my friends, I am not the kind of person that allows a difference of beliefs to end my friendships. The difference is now I understand what I was missing then. 

I am standing in faith.  I am standing proud of those that are choosing to step into the void, fearless and full of our freedoms.  I needed this morning, I needed to know I wasn't on an island.  In the crowd this morning, I heard someone say... "it's time for the silent majority to speak up".  

Yep... 

1 comment:

  1. It's time! Glad you made it there! God Bless the convoy may they make a statement that will shout FREEDOM!

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...