Wednesday, May 5, 2021

treetop garden...

"good morning, morning, hello sunshine..." Those words are from one of my all time favorite songs, Happiest Girl in the Whole USA - by Donna Fargo, it plays in my head often.  For more decades than I can even remember. Sitting out in my treetop garden surrounded by the mixture of all the bird songs and beautiful Shamanic Healing music, my hot coffee and breakfast straight out of the oven... it's how I feel. The only thing that could make it better were if sweet Hubs were home. 

When I spoke with him a few hours ago he was heading down to the lake to see if he could catch a few fish before a busy day of rehabbing started again in a few hours. I get it.  The picture he sent me of his early morning view had me feeling a bit jealous for a few moments. At least until I crawled out of bed and opened the windows to my own breathtaking view.  


Beauty and a whole day spread out before me like a stolen treat.  Tempting me to do jump in.

It was such an incredible feeling to take my time, to wake up at my own pace, to stretch in the sunshine and spend some quiet time in meditation and prayer.  It is truly amazing how much is accomplished when you are ready, not rushing. I used to live my life in a state of perpetual rushing. This slower, more intentional state of being is far closer to who I am and my natural state of being. 

Last evening was spent laughing with a dear friend, identifying birds that were trying to see if we intended to share our beers, and celebrating how liberating it is to be a "woman of a certain age".   It was a beautiful end to a beautiful day. I have very few people that I allow in close to me, I generally keep people at a fair arms distance.  I think it is a lifetime of protecting my heart from people moving in and out of my bubble.  So spending an evening just laughing and chatting about a million random life thoughts was pure heaven.

I had worked hard all day yesterday, cleaning out the fridge and the pantry took far more time and energy than I expected.  I might tackle freezers today, then again, I might not.

I've already cleaned all the upstairs rooms, ironed the laundry from yesterday and changed the sheets on the beds, showered and gotten ready for the day.  I started work on Hub's summer bathrobe. I may spend the day sewing... or I might just sit here quietly in my garden chair and watch the sweet birds on the feeders.  


I don't think they can truly see me through the screens, which Hubs and I closed to keep out the biting buggies and minimize the rain that comes in allowing us to sit outside and enjoy it all.  Momma Cardinal just sat there eating her fill and listening to the beautiful music I am playing.  I wonder if she was enjoying it as much as I am.  Usually they flutter off as soon as there is the slightest movement or sound. This beautiful music is some type of flute instrument combined with a soft drumming and rattling sound. 

The feeders are a happening place right now, chickadees, cowbirds, and the rose breasted grosbeak are flying in and out like it is happy hour at the all you can eat buffet, I guess it really is.  I saw Mr. Blue-jay glide past a few moments ago.  Shockingly he is waiting his turn, he doesn't often do that. Yep, it's highly possible that I will sit out here and savor the morning for awhile. Daddy Cardinal in his shocking red just came up for breakfast, can't leave that too soon. 

I don't want to disturb the morning dining, although shortly I will finally get these herbs in their boxes.  I need to figure out how many more planter boxes I need.  The seeds for medicinal herbs will be arriving soon.  I'll need to be ready.  I should have ordered them a month ago, but... life was different a month ago.  I didn't know there would be plenty of time for planting and nurturing growing things. 

I might have gotten lost enjoying my treetop garden.  Surrounded by bird song and enjoying my coffee.  I should probably refocus, finish washing the sheets and go sew for a bit, before playing in my garden some more. 

"shine on me sunshine, walk with me world, it's a skippidity do dah day... "

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...