Friday, May 7, 2021

time...

I'm sure there is going to come a point where I am not enthralled with this magical thing called time.  I'm just not able to imagine it in this space. I am finding myself far more relaxed and peaceful than I have been in years, and I do mean years.  For a long time I thought maybe I was the kind of person that thrived in the non-stop rat race world that we live in. 

Guess what, I was so wrong!

So far on this beautiful spring day, I have finished some mending, finished the center of a quilt top - need more Christmas fabric to finish it, it's far too dark right now, almost completed one of my fingerless gloves - just needs the thumb, listened to four podcasts, finished planting the herbs in the garden, went grocery shopping and laid down for a bit to give these stupid knees a rest.  Typing it all out... whew that sounds exhausting.  

Reality, it was slow and peaceful. 

I'm in the kitchen, I was making a pot of curry and rice for dinner and some chocolate chipless cookies.  Hubs loves both! But... Hubs LOVES a baloney and cheese sandwich also and he remembered that we had both, so... curry will wait until tomorrow night.  The cookies are almost ready to pop in the oven.  I can't wait for the warm smell of fresh baked cookies to fill the house.  It's been forever since I've made any.  I am fairly positive that I will soon be brewing a cup of tea to enjoy with my cookie. 


My dear friend reached out today inquiring about rhubarb, how to know when to harvest and how much we needed to make a pie or crisp.  I sure hope it is ripe and ready, because if so, we will have so much fun making a mess and baking! She's also the one that helped me gather dandelions for jelly.  I love having friends that are willing to try doing the same crazy stuff I am!  She is definitely part of my soul tribe!  I simply can't imagine my life without her in it!

Would have looked awesome!

I had planned to do more sewing, I started to cut out another robe for the Hubs - miscalculated when I bought it and there isn't enough fabric.  Total sadness occurred for a moment, instead I tidied up the sewing room and moved on to another project.   My sweet Pfaff sounds like she needs a tune up at the very least, so I guess the universe was intent on telling me to simmer down and let the poor thing rest.  I have to admit I am definitely crushed that it isn't working well.  I bought that with my last paycheck when I lived in Germany.  It is one of my prized possessions. I have traveled with that silly thing in my luggage, if that is any indication. Now comes the challenge of finding someone that can work on it. Not a common machine here in the mid-west. 

Now that time is more fluid for me, I am feeling greedy with it.  I imagine it is how a person in the desert feels when they come upon fresh water after days of rationing it.  I've rationed my time for so long, mourned the things that I longed to do, but well... time... now that there is so much laid out before me, I want to rush headlong into all of it!  Grasping it up, expecting to lose this thing I find most precious.  I am trying very hard to pace and control myself, to realize that I don't have to do it all in a day, but it is so hard to twist my mind into that reality. 

It's only been a week.  Habits take a bit longer to make, right? 




I am enjoying being in comfy clothes, wandering barefoot in the grass, feeling the energy of the earth radiating up into the core of my being.  I am thriving in the silence, I am sure at some point I will miss noise and chaos.  Maybe. For now, it is priceless. I am treasuring the ability to sit with my feet up when these stupid knees are throbbing, to rest them and not feel guilty.

If it is beautiful out, I wander to my treetop garden and soak up the beauty and sunshine.  Heck if it's raining, I still find myself curled up in a seat enjoying it. I might sweet talk Hubs into a fire in the Solo stove if it isn't too windy tonight, we can wrap up in blankets against the chill of the evening and spend time chatting and savoring life! 

Company?

Just looked out on the deck and saw a friend has come to visit.  I'm not sure who the golden eyed baby belongs to, but it isn't me.  He must love the treetop garden also, as he was sitting there checking out the bird feeders, wonder if he wanting some fresh meat for dinner?

I'd love to share with Hubs the podcasts that I listened to this morning, about healing your inner child to manifest the future of your dreams.  I saw both of us in my minds eye, while listening.  It was fascinating. Although he will probably give me that smile that says "okay sweetie, whatever you say"... at least he will humor me as I chatter away. 

Tonight marks the beginning of a week of vacation.  We aren't going anywhere, at least, I don't think so.  My sister in law was supposed to be heading up here this weekend, but the universe had other plans and instead she will be staying home nursing a pain.  Maybe next month we will try again. Hubs had considered cancelling his vacation, but when you get five weeks cancelling the first one in May is a bit silly.  The year is already almost half over.  So he and I are going to finally dig into all the nooks and crannies in our house and get ready for the annual yard sale. 

Sis coming to visit would have been a lot more fun, think quilting mania, but... the chores definitely need to get done, I have no doubt we would push them aside for that bit of time.  Hopefully she will be healed and able to travel next month.  

For now... let's get this "party" started.  Those cookies are smelling incredible!

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...