Tuesday, May 25, 2021

spilled dirt...

Guess there isn't going to be a beautiful sunrise today, at least not that I can see.  I'm sure that on the other side of those clouds it is breathtaking. We have storms moving in.  Bit of a double sided coin.  I cherish a good storm.  And the energy today seems to need that cleansing relief.  I also love to sit here in the peace of the morning and watch the glorious sunrises.  

When I walked out into the tree top garden this morning I was quite annoyed.  The silly squirrel caused a bit of chaos.  I was pretty darn angry with him at first.  That immediately switched to worry.  With the way the boxes had fallen my twisted little brain fully expected to look down at the bottom on the hill and see his mangled little body.  I would be devastated. I am not at all happy with his carousing through my garden pots, but I definitely didn't wish death on him. 

I must admit, the relief I felt at not finding him was ridiculous. He simply hit a road bump in his quest for food. I understand road bumps.  

I feel like I rested enough last night, the night before was simply too short. I'm not physically weary and worn today.  It just feels that the world feels a bit off.  I have a feeling today is going to need a bit more attention. As we move through this full moon and the mercury retro grade the world always feels a bit off. 

Yesterday I had decided I would finish that little hand quilted piece, I'd had to pull some of the stitches out and rethink the fabric.  It was a bit off, and I was seriously unhappy with it.  I'd hoped to bind it and be done yesterday, but the exhaustion I'd fought all day guaranteed that was not going to happen.  I have a firm rule that I will never do anything I can't undo when tired.  That means cutting fabric also. I will try to get it pinned out this morning before taking Hubs to his follow up appointment. 

I want this to be a productive day, I want to finish both of the bindings that are waiting for my attention.  One will be done on the machine the other will be done by hand.  For some insane reason I feel these need to be completed.  Then I want to put the other two quilts on the frames.  Although, I learned in my class on Sunday that I haven't been reading my batting labels close enough, and now I know I need to wash one of them before I use it.  I have never heard of such a thing.  In fact, I am fairly certain that I am going to be reading labels a lot closer after this experience.  I can also see me switching to a different brand of batting.  

Do you ever find in life that the more you learn, the less you knew? I am feeling that way about a lot of things right now.  Not really in a bad way, but in a "I seriously need to research" way. I was fairly confident in my knowledge of basics.  Now I realize there is a whole different layer of learning waiting for me.  

The class on Sunday was almost overwhelming.  I need to take time to transcribe my notes before I forget all of the information shared with me.  I am not sure how much of it would have made sense to Hubs if he had been able to attend, his sewing level is pretty basic and a bit rusty.  He might have felt far more overwhelmed than I did by the flood of new knowledge.  I am sorry he had to miss it though, I could have used a bit of his memory to help fill the holes.  You can only write so fast when you are balancing your paper in your lap. 

I think this gloomy day, might be a good time to work on that project, after I mow the grass.  

I was hoping Hubs would be feeling up to doing it, he can wipe it out in no time with his riding mower, but he was not looking too hot last night and his man cave is dark - my guess is he had another rough night of sleep and went down there to sleep on the sofa so I could rest.  While I deeply appreciate that he will do that for me, I am going to be the first to say he shouldn't.  The sofa is not comfortable to lay on, I can't imagine sleeping on it and he is simply not going to fight off this virus if he doesn't rest. 

I made a promise that I would not use the riding mower, it was not a hard one to make, I've had misgivings since we bought it.  Our property is simply too steep for my comfort level.  So I will use my trusty push mower.  It might take a bit longer, but at least I won't have to worry about tipping that dang thing over on myself. 

Transitioning from one mindset to another is definitely a big change.  I still find myself getting anxious that I only have so much allotted time. Fearful that I will not have the time needed or wanted to complete projects that are near and dear to me.  Forgetting that I have time to do all of it and I don't have to do things in a rush any longer.  I cherish having space in my life to do what fills my soul. 

My little squirrel friend is dashing through the branches overhead.  I keep catching glimpses of him.  His absolute lack of fear as he leaps from one branch to the next nearest is amazing. And a bit terrifying at the same time.  He is busy getting about his life, he didn't let the spilled flower pots upset him, he just found another source to meet his needs.  All in the space of a morning....


Well, time to sweep up the spilled soil and spend a few moments enjoying the tiny spot of sunshine that is bursting through the clouds. Time to reflect on my resources to my goals.  Might even spend a few more minutes enjoying the antics of the little chickadees that are nesting in the Harley Davidson birdhouse.  

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...