Saturday, May 15, 2021

little things...


There is a feeling of peace when strolling down the street listening to music from what feels like every location around you, rain softly falling on you, so gentle you barely notice and having a glass of wine in your hand.  That is how today ended up happening. 

Hubs and I worked on finishing the sorting of the garage, it is 99% done.  Thank goodness.  Five bags of clothes donated to the school clothing drive and an incredibly disorganized kitchen to show for it all. The feeling of completeness is awesome! 


After a bit of a rest we headed out to Mystic Valley.  I needed a reading.  And one of my favorite mediums was going to be there.  It's been an unsteady time, things are changing.  I needed to feel grounded and focused. 

My sweet Hubs doesn't know how to take me, but he sure does try to figure it out. The funniest part, is that while he is humoring me, he is very intuitive also. 

My reading gave me goosebumps, it also brought tears of hope and emotion to my eyes.  I was very careful to give her nothing to go on.  I simply asked what I needed to know.  I sat quietly.  I wanted to hear what she had to share.  Without knowing anything at all she hit things right on the mark.  I so intrigued with what she shared and the suggestions for moving forward. I loved that she knew there had been a separation of some kind and almost laughed when she told me that I needed to step out of the bubble of self that I have been in.  That while it has felt good and comforting, that it can only last for a bit longer.  

Even more interesting is that of the four cards she drew (and three that fell to the side) the two that focused on where I am going were based on creativity and homeward.  She doesn't know me, not well.  It's been over a year since my last 15 minute reading with her.  She has no idea that when life is crazy and topsy turvy I turn to all of my creative fields of interest.  For 15 minutes it was a deep conversation, digging into thoughts and feelings that I haven't even been willing to acknowledge myself. I've heard them, I've felt them.  But I have definitely not been ready or able to embrace them yet. 

We spoke for a few more moments, little snippets.  Ideas and words were thrown out, waiting for me to either embrace them or discard them.  I personally have a strong belief in the spiritual world.  My head was tingling and my heart was racing with some of the things she shared.  Those are things that will be explored in the silence, when my head and heart are ready to dig in deeper and to listen. 

I love that my sweet Hubs took time to ask me about my session, to care about things that don't make a lot of sense to him.  To actually take notes about what I had shared. He knows that it is important to me, so he listens.  He takes the moment to hear what I say and to process it.  I have to admit, being heard is such a precious gift.  

We decided to stroll through downtown Maplewood in the lightly sprinkling rain.  Both of us aching and sore, but drawn to experience the music, the people, the sheer vibrant flow of life returning to an area of our community that we both love.  

If you are in the area and have never been, go. It's eclectic.  The mix of shops, styles, food, drink promises something for everyone.  I am pretty sure my favorite part is the fact that it is almost completely local shops.  The mom and pops as they used to be called.  When you visit the area and shops you are truly making the decision to support local.

We didn't stop for coffee, although the coffee shop in town is one of my favorites, today wasn't about lounging in the sunshine enjoying a freshly brewed cup.  Today was for sitting in the rain listening to a variety of local musicians, drinking wine and savoring snacks.  Wandering in and out of stores, petting puppies and simply enjoying each other. 

Hubs decided that we needed to go into an incredible little jewelry shop.  I did not feel strongly about it, mostly because he always wants to buy me some new piece of jewelry and I have far more than I need.  I don't know what drew him to this shop, he just insisted we go inside. The Silver Lady.  I was expecting your traditional jeweler.  Was I ever in for a shock. 



There were beautiful stones and natural gems, fossils and shells everywhere! The young man working behind the counter was not only knowledgeable about every stone in there, but was also incredibly talented. He shared several pieces that he has been working on and they were exquisite.  He took the time to share his favorite stones with us, and it was so refreshing to discover that he and I share a love of Labradorite. I'd never heard the legend of it, that it was believed to hold the magic of the northern lights in it's shiny depth.  I love it not only for it's ever changing beauty, but for it's blessing of transformation, strength and perseverance, helping to strengthen your intuition.  I have always felt very drawn to it.  

Hubs didn't fail to try and buy me another ring, and I will admit they had some pretty Peridot rings (my birthstone), I just didn't feel strongly that I needed to own one.  I hadn't noticed the thimble in the one display case, I was enjoying learning about all of the stones, their powers and energies.  I'm not sure how I missed it.  Hubs did not miss it. It's beautiful silver with abalone all around the outside. I didn't figure it would fit me, but I tried it on just the same. 



It was perfect.  It also left the store with me.  I can't wait to try it out.  As we walked down the sidewalk, my sweet Hubs admitted that he'd felt drawn to that store, he simply knew there was something there he needed to find.  Guess he found it. 

Before we wandered back to the truck, we made a quick stop back into Mystic Valley.  I wanted to show Hubs the singing bowls they had.  I wanted his opinion, I've been looking at them for awhile. I love the sound and the feeling of peace playing one brings.  A few candles and a singing bowl later we headed home, to sit on our deck and enjoy the rain, drink more wine and listen to the singing bowl.




Life is what you make of it.  I am so blessed and grateful for each new day. 

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...