Wednesday, June 1, 2022

what's that sound?

Listening to the sound of the heavy rain outside is so calming.  I love the peacefulness of it.  I am in need of some peacefulness this morning. 

Yesterday was super busy, in a great way!  I am loving learning and doing and creating for my family.  I feel a sense of contentment that I truly did not realize was even possible.  I also have a very tired body.  I spend a lot of my day lifting heavy things and moving non-stop.  My arms are hating even lifting my coffee cup right this moment.  They are tired.  My back is tired and sore, but my spirit is soaring.  

I was glancing at some financial news articles this morning and noticed that ironically another major poultry farm a massive producer of eggs for supermarkets went up in flames. I realize those are horrible conditions for the birds, the eggs are inferior to what you could have if you raised your own, etc...  Unfortunately, there are far too few people that live in areas allowed to have their own chickens.  There are many people that have already been struggling to provide for their families and that eggs provided protein even though the cost of them has been going up. 

I also noticed that more baby food factories have been closed.  Why?  

We are definitely living in some seriously dark times. And if you don't see it, then you are choosing not to.  If it isn't the food costs escalating, it's the fuel, or utilities, or clothing, or the bare shelves at stores that they are rearranging things to hide. People are struggling mentally, the effects of the games that have been played are starting to show.  People are cracking. 

I needed the peacefulness of this morning.  The sound of the birds chirping, the rain gently falling now.  The stillness that reminds me that despite all of the chaos swirling around us, we have the choice and free will to decide whether we choose to participate or not. 

I fall on the not side. I always have. I'm not changing who I am at this late stage. 

Yesterday or maybe the day before I saw that article on "the book" about the things that 1940's women did to pull their families through the devastation left by two world wars and a depression. I've been pondering it a great deal, trying to rationalize why all of the sudden it is showing up in my feed.  What the game plan is, because it seems there is always a game plan.  

Thoughts have occurred to me about the fact that "the book" uses algorithms and the groups I follow tend to be around quilting, crafts, gardening, homemaking, cooking, canning, camping, traveling, etc.  So maybe their algorithms led them to think it would be of interest. 

Then I read the comments, because that is something I often do.  There were a whole lot of folks asking the same questions that I am asking.  Why is this showing up. What are they either foreshadowing or is it just that they are trying to raise fear and anxiety? Are they seriously trying to romanticize washing out your aluminum foil and rinsing your paper towels?  Pulling that bit of nostalgia to the forefront?  I think everyone had family members that did that. Most folks are not allowed to hang their laundry due to city ordinances, or at least not around here. The irony is that many things on that list have been banned in most areas.  Unsightly, noisy, unsanitary... hmmm...

All of these things are definitely bringing up some serious questions. 

Add to that the apparent inability of many businesses to hire workers.  And that some of the largest companies are starting layoffs and trying to lease out their own warehouses.  It's troubling. I try to rationalize why folks are choosing to be part of the work force.  Is it about money?  Has the discontent been raised that high with the non-stop $15 an hour minimum that people feel entitled to that?  Can they not see the cause and effect?  If you pay more, you have to increase the cost of your service or product to cover that increase, which therefore decreases the value of that salary increase.

I guess not. 

Or is it that people are learning to do without double incomes, thereby shorting the work force as one parent is staying home.  Finding a daycare for your children is an absolute nightmare and if you do find care, the costs are ridiculous in order to cover the salaries and other increases the businesses are dealing with.  Add to that the cost of gas, your food for the day, uniforms or work attire and you are pretty much working for nothing. 

For years I have heard more and more kids saying they would never lower themselves to working food service.  That it is demeaning.  Yet those jobs were traditionally held by the unskilled as their built their job history. Now we have kids showing up for job interviews wearing animal ears and unable to cope with the anxiety of job skill training.   

So many times I have toyed with returning to the work force, feeling guilty each time the worker shortage is brought up.  Gotta say, I'm not inclined.  I am better able to serve the needs of my family by being home. Not to mention that the first time an employee lost their cool with me over their inability to manage their own anxiety I would probably end up in jail. 

So much damage is being done.  So much damage has been done.  I hope you are paying attention.  I hope you are not simply sitting back and listening to the canned garbage that is spewed by all forms of the media.  I hope you are seriously taking stock in what is going on all around you.  Families are being destroyed, lives are changing at a speed that is the definition of insanity.  It's truly sad. 

It's supposed to rain all day.  I'm glad, we need the rain.  And I hope it washes some of the ugliness away.  I hope it brings a fresh start.  Am I putting on my rose colored glasses?  Of course I am. But while it is raining, I am going to get back to work being busy.  I am going to take care of my family and dearest friends.  I am going to continue to pray and send out positive energy, love and light.  I am going to keep on fighting in the only ways that I know of. 

And I am going to continue paying attention.  It's unbelievable what comes to light when you stop and take a deep breath. 

love and peace... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...