Sunday, June 5, 2022

it's so still...

It's quiet out here this morning.  I'm sitting on the deck in the treetop garden, enjoying the bird songs and watching the sky get ever lighter.  I don't think we will have a breathtaking sunrise today, it's far too overcast. 

I've been awake for a couple of hours now, Hubs woke up Belle when he got up and she was crushed that he hadn't let her come downstairs with him.  Being the nice mom, I let her follow him, unfortunately he didn't realize she had so she didn't get her morning loves that she wanted.  I had a feeling that was the case when I didn't hear him talk to her, so Beau and I decided we would join her downstairs.  

They are definitely my puppies, but she loves her daddy and is always trying to get his attention.  Beau on the other hand is pretty much 100% mine, unless it involves food.  He is always near me and very much aware of where I am.  He is also the one that gets his feelings hurt the easiest.  

Dad scolded him for an accident in the basement a few weeks ago, now it is brutally difficult to get him to come downstairs.  Even though he wants to be with us and wants the treats, he will sit on the stairs.  It's a bit of a curse, but also makes training him much easier.  It was what led him to be leash broke so quickly, daddy scolded him for pulling and that was that. 

Did mom really leave chicken
out for us to smell?

Our sweet Belle couldn't care less.  You might hurt her feelings for a hot moment, but she bounces back more defiant than ever as soon as she's over it. There is absolutely no calming the spirit in that little one, she is full of sass and fire.  All bundled up in limitless love. 

enjoying some lounging time

Yep, I love my sweet little babies very much.  I am fairly positive that Beau is my Gator reincarnated.  There are simply way too many similarities in mannerisms and personality.  Even Hubs is noticing, in fact more than once he's called him Gator.  Belle has so many of Neeko's traits it is unreal.  I often feel like the boys are here with us still, the same, but different. 

I am so blessed. 

Since Belle got us all up so early, I've put the time to good use.  Not even finished with my first cup of coffee, but I have the broth in the pressure canner already, the chili is warming back up from a night in the fridge and I have two batches of jerky in the dehydrator.  It's hard to believe that there was a time I couldn't function before at least 9 am.  Now, I feel like the old army commercial from AFN - "we do more before 8 am than most people do all day"... somethings you never forget.  Although the time might be different, it's been a couple of decades since I heard it.  

I doubt I do more before 8 am than most folks do all day, but I am definitely most productive in the early hours.  It's when my energy is the highest and I am the most focused.  I don't do bad in the evening and early night time hours either, but the middle of the day is pure drudgery for me.  Maybe I simply have my sleep schedule mixed up?  I mean is that a thing?  Can your resting hours be that messed up for basically your entire life?  I really feel if I could sleep everyday from like noon to 6 pm, and live my life in the rest of the hours I would be a very high functioning individual. 

Then I feel like I would be missing out on so much of life.  Time with family and friends doesn't tend to happen around those hours.  My pups are afraid of the dark so they wouldn't enjoy it overly much.  But I feel like I would and could completely thrive. 

In a few minutes the timer will let me know the first batch from the canner is ready to have the heat turned off so that it can start depressurizing.  At that time I will get ready to start warming the jars to put the chili in so that they can finish processing before my friends come over to spend the day canning.  

Hubs put in a new set of shelves for me in my personal grocery store.  He felt I needed more, he's not wrong, so in addition he ordered another set that will be here this morning.  I love having my own tasty food at our disposal whenever we want and need it.  We've determined we enjoy it far more than the grocery store stuff.  Next weekend while we are in Arkansas I might see if I can find a couple of nice little farmers markets, it's warmer down there so their markets are a bit fuller.  

Do you have any idea how wonderful it is to be married to someone that understands and encourages your crazy? It's off the chain amazing, He understands what makes me tick.  He encourages me to explore new ideas and ways of doing things and then celebrates the end result. He never shies away from tasting a new creation - although I also have never tried to feed him chitlins (these are beyond horrible - don't ask how I know) or liver and onions.  He won't eat either and he's not fond of avocado, but occasionally I manage to feed him that one - as long as it is cleverly disguised.  

My kiddo's aren't always so willing.  Although yesterday I did get an incredible text message and evidently the girls, the dragon in particular, loved the jalapeno jelly.   It was "fire".  If that isn't enough encouragement to make sure it's always on the shelf I don't know what is.  I can't wait to get the jar of Cowboy Candy over to them.  I might not be able to keep enough of that made once the dragon discovers it. I'll also make sure to take them a batch of jerky, I know for a fact they love that. 

We are hoping to assemble my newest raised bed today so I can get it planted, but we'll see. There is rain moving in and I am fairly sure neither of us is excited to plant or assemble in the rain.  Although these mild temperatures are a blessing.  I need to plant my marigold seeds to encourage the pollinators to spend time in the garden and fill the bird feeders too. I cherish these moments and the goodness that comes with each day.  

The deer are starting to arrive to forage just beyond the fence.  The pups enjoy seeing them, but they are back asleep in the living room.  I guess I get to enjoy them in peace this morning. 


Well... it's time to get back to doing the things.  The timer went off meaning in about 20 minutes I can unload and reload the canner. I hope you are doing things that fill you with fire and passion, it changes everything when you have those things in your life. 

love and peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...