Friday, June 24, 2022

every day, normal...

Well, Let's see how this goes. We've been outside enjoying the beautiful coolness of the morning beside our little solo stove.  I guess Hubs and I are making up for the fact that right now we can't get away to go camping. Watching the sun rise, enjoying the early birds coming and having breakfast, laughing at our pups who have discovered they absolutely love cut raw carrots or just enjoying the silence.  Altogether a beautiful start.  

Little Beau bumped the side of the stove and singed his fur, he's perfectly okay, just freaked him out a bit.  Although now he is insisting that he stay right beside momma.  And is currently fully draped across my lap napping.  I'm guessing he needs comfort.  Belle even helped momma check on him, he is definitely my big baby. I hate that just like children they have to learn some hard lessons sometimes. 

I am not so sure he is going to be happy when I dash up to the fruit and veggie stand shortly.  I want some strawberries and peaches to combine with some of those yummy jalapeno's to make jellies.  Not only are they beautiful, but they will taste incredible.  And my girl loves them. I also want to see if they have any cases of tomatoes in yet.  I am out of diced tomatoes in the cantry and want to get that restocked as it is something I use all of the time. 

I've taken this week slowly, I only made up a couple jars of jelly yesterday and called it quits.  I was a bit weary and making mistakes.  So after tidying up I sat down and watched some YouTube videos and did some knitting.  

At least until the gutter repair guy showed up a full week early, unannounced to do the needed warranty work. Interesting fellow. Made me a nervous wreck having him on my roof, people should not dance around on the edge of roofs and make jokes regarding woohoo maybe this will be my ticket to an all expense paid trip to Alaska.  Goodness. I have to appreciate his thought process.  When he arrived and I pointed out that he was a full week early, he replied that he knew that, but was working 5 minutes away and with gas being $5 per gallon, he was trying to make the best use of his driving time.  I can fully respect that. 

The sweet lady that I agreed to quilt for also showed up at the same time.  It was a bit crazy for a little while.  Longing to be outside monitoring the interesting giant elf dancing on my roof and needing to be inside with the meeting I had set up.  I don't people a lot anymore, and honestly, I am way out of practice. By the time I finished with both of them, I felt an overwhelming need for solitude.  Both super nice, it was entirely me.  I needed to recenter and calm. 

my heart...

Hubs was at an event so I had a few hours of me time to unpack how the day had ended up affecting me.  I spend a lot of time on my own.  It's not a bad thing, I've never been someone highly dependent on others to fill my time.  I'm comfortable with the life I lead.  Although yesterday made me question if I am not spending enough time engaged with other people.  I decided it wasn't that at all.  I was still feeling a tad under the weather to start off with and just needed to rest, I wasn't prepared to people. I also don't always answer my phone when I am having those kind of days so it was nothing to worry about. 

I'll be honest, if I wasn't afraid my beautiful jalapeno's would go bad I am fairly certain today would be another pull up the welcome mat and lock the door kind of day.  I'm tired. But I am not ready to risk it, they are simply too beautiful to waste.  So I will head out to the store here shortly. My sweet lap puppy will have to adjust. I need to spend a good deal of the weekend quilting, so I need to do the stuff today. 

Well, Hubs coaxed the lap puppy off my lap.  So it is definitely time to dash.  Stuff to do... life to live. 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...