Saturday, June 18, 2022

be the little red hen...

Okay, I gotta know... do you count your blessings?  Each and every day?  Do you remember to say thank you for all of your wonderful blessings?  The abundance that life is giving you every single day?  I know lately I have been rather focused on this dumpster fire we have going on across this planet, mostly that is fear.  Not fear for myself, I'm not afraid.  I know that I am blessed, that God has answered my prayers a thousand times over.  But fear that too many people are going to be caught unaware, that they are going to be in a bubble of hurt and pain because they missed all of the warning signs.  

The scariest sentence in the world is "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".  Truth is, globally most governments not only don't care, but are definitely not there to help.  We are a means to an end and frankly if you don't know that by now, I'm sorry, no one is going to be able to help you see it. We exist to help them gain wealth and status.  For them to push their ideals on us and us to go along with it.  If you don't believe that... well... I will respectfully agree to disagree with you and I'm moving on. 

But let's go back to counting our blessings.  Today didn't start out great.  I went to bed with my head feeling stuffy and my throat feeling scratchy.  Pretty sure whatever bug Hubs picked up in Arkansas he tried to share with me.  He's super giving like that!  Just joking, he's super cautious when he isn't feeling well. Anyhow.  I took a double dose of vitamins, some extra fluids and kept keeping on.  Because to me that feels incredibly important right now.  Some inner voice is telling me I am on the right path and I need to stay laser focused on the path I am on, so I will. I have learned over my lifetime, that my inner voice is strong and powerful and when I listen my life is fantastic and when I decide my brain knows better... well... nope. 

As the day dawned I still wasn't feeling much like participating in life, but knew that I hadn't finished everything I had planned yesterday.  I had stuff to do, I had things to assess and there simply wasn't a time and place for how I was physically feeling.  I wandered into the treetop garden carrying my cup of coffee, encouraging my babies to head to the yard for morning exercise and potty breaks.  They weren't interested in leaving mommy's side, so needless to say I had to go down with them.  Even though Hubs was already down there encouraging them to join him.  


Once we got them to cooperate, I started to evaluate my beautiful garden.  It was definitely strong enough to bend.  All but two plants burst back on the scene.  And frankly, those two might be okay anyhow.  How do I know?  The one lost the top, full of flowers and small tomatoes, I carefully clipped it and stuck it in water.  Today, I noticed a small leaf at the very top, that plant isn't giving up and neither is the clipping, which is perky and appears to have small roots starting. 


The green bean is another matter.  I don't think the part that broke will root, I will just harvest the beans on it. But the plant itself looks incredible. 






I am so blessed that my garden survived that wild, freaky storm.  I got a text from the girl telling me that most of her plants were ripped up, pool toys were in the woods, and a host of other challenges occurred.  The neighbors dead tree is miraculously still standing, thank you Lord!  Because they refuse to take it down and if Mother Nature does, it stands way too good of a chance of hitting my daughters house.  Her bedroom to be exact. Every storm I worry, but every storm God blesses her. Oh me of little faith. 

I'm finally resting at almost 2 pm in the afternoon.  The pups are snuggled up sleeping in near mom and Hubs is getting ready to mow after his mid-day nap.  That man keeps worse hours than I do. Honestly, I'm sitting here sipping Cherry Pie Moonshine... thanking our friend that makes such a yummy treat... listening to the jiggler on the pressure canner.  I have 16 jars of yummy treats processing right now.  I love the ease of just grabbing a can of yumminess that I know I have made with love and heating it up when I am simply too tired to process life. I finished up the stuff I was doing for my friends, finished my laundry and caring for my garden.  Meals ready to eat are in the canner and I am resting for the moment.  

Every night as I put my head on my pillow the last thing I do is thank the Lord for all of the wonderful blessings in my life.  Is this world crazy?  Absolutely!  Are there many things going on that boggle the mind to the point of not being able to understand? Yep.  Are things getting harder and more expensive by the moment?  Sure are.  Those are all things that as much as I want, I can't control. 

Instead, when that weight feels far too heavy I think of things that are blessings in my life.  Things that allow me a moment to celebrate why I am here. As I knit the final row on my pair of socks this morning (I just need to bind off - which I will do in a moment) I said thank you for giving me the ability and skill to do something so simple and wonderful.  I can't wait to wear them as the weather cools, knowing they will keep my feet nice and toasty.  I was also pretty thankful to realize there is enough yarn for another pair of socks.  

I am thankful for having the time and a majorly supportive Hubs to live my life as I am doing.  I cherish my little homestead in the Suburbs.  A place where I can take care of my family, grow my garden, love my pups and live a life that fills me with love and joy.  I am thankful for the heavens interceding and helping me realize that this is the life I have always wanted and supporting that journey. 

As I climb stairs and do all of the things, I am so very thankful for the doctor that took care of my knee.  I love being virtually pain free for the first time in decades.  Able to walk, run (yep I've done that recently) and do all of the things that I suffered through before. 

I am thankful that Hubs and I live a life of abundance.  We aren't wealthy, far from it. But our needs are met, our lives are rich.  We have a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothing to wear.  We are surrounded by family and friends that enrich us every single day.  

Oh I have many, many blessings and the universe and God have been so generous.  

Do I realize that our world is an absolute mess.  Heck yeah.  Can I change it?  Nope!  Will I continue to do the things that will help us navigate it all, you better believe it.  

A friend keeps sending me pictures of the little red hen.  A person I follow on many social media sites posted a video today from several years ago reading it.  I played it while chopping mushrooms today.  I remember the story from my childhood, but tend to confuse it with the one where the sky is falling down. I mean, my kids are in their thirties, it's been a minute since I read it.  As I listened to it, I realized that most of the folks in my life that don't want to share in the labor, only the rewards, have been left behind.  Although there are many folks that are still surrounded by the duck, pig, goose and kitten.  I will always be that little red hen.  The one that isn't going to let an opportunity pass me by because no one is willing to help.  I will never be the other characters, that isn't the role I am here for.  Watching it this morning, I realized that I pray each of you will be red hen's too. 

Step in where the world needs you to be.  Don't wait for the world to provide for you. Like I said the most frightening line... it often is far more like a fish hook ready to reel you in when you least expect it. 

My sweet Hubs is my ongoing partner in this crazy world.  While I was finishing up my chores, he was outside manning the grill cooking up the yummy meal for tomorrow.  Now he is outside in the sunny afternoon working on our yard.  I am so thankful to not have to go it alone. 

I'm going to get back to counting my blessings and doing the things.  I am so thankful for this incredible life that I am blessed to live.  I cherish the lessons, the friends, the love, the opportunities, the pure joy that this silly old world has gifted me with... how about you?  Are you counting blessings or looking for the dark and miserable spots only?  I will still highlight the things that cause me brief concerns, because sometimes the dark needs a light shown on it, I will also continue to look for the bright shining stars around me. 

Hubs is getting ready to mow and I need to finish up my chores... love and peace everyone... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...