Monday, June 20, 2022

one of those days...

It sure is a Monday. I'm off to a super slow start today, trying to find my motivation to move so to speak.  I'm still refusing to catch Hubs' crud that he brought home from Arkansas, but it is definitely fighting me hard.  I have a list of things I need to do today, and I do mean a LIST.  I slacked off yesterday afternoon, hoping the rest would have me feeling my usual energetic self.  Nope.  That didn't happen. 

Thankfully it was a beautiful day and spending it with family was even better.  It's so wonderful to spend time with the girls.  The only thing that would have been better would've been if the boy could have joined us. But life in this world right now pretty much guarantee's it will be a moment before that happens. 

I still think Hubs had a great father's day.  Some quality family time, good meal and of course a father's day cigar.  I mean does it really get any better than that?  Today the grind started again for him and I barely saw him this morning.  It might be a federal holiday for some, but definitely not for him.  He was heading down south a bit, so it was a rush kind of morning.  I slept in for a bit, hoping to shake this yuck that is trying to catch me, so needless to say limited time with the Hubs.  

our girls

can it really only be their second
Father's day together?  

It's another cool morning, and if I hadn't been lazy and had gotten up we might have enjoyed a bit of a fire again.  Those opportunities are rapidly fading away for a few months as we sneak up on the height of summer. 

Okay, note to self, get your lazy butt up and dressed as soon as you crawl out of bed.  I completely forgot that the roofer was coming this morning.  We'd had work done and it's leaking again.... warranty call placed only to find out it wasn't their work that we needed to call on.  A couple of years back we had leaf guards installed, my heart couldn't take Hubs climbing on the roof. Well, evidently they did a really bad job, it's pulled off of the fascia and the gutters are full of crud (I had noticed a similar problem with one in the front of the house too), which is pulling down the siding also.  I mean, how do you check their work when it's on the roof, and you are absolutely terrified of heights? To say I am not happy is an understatement.  Now to find that warranty work.  Seriously, why can't a business just do the job right?

Thankfully, the sweet roofer was kind enough to wait while I ran upstairs to throw on clothes.  I don't know how I forgot he was coming.  Guess this crud has knocked me off my game.  Nope, I am not a happy camper on this beautiful Monday morning. 

Not at all sure how I am going to reset this day, although the thought of going back to bed has an amazing appeal.  It's not happening, but it sure does sound incredible.  A nice hot cup of ginger tea to soothe my throat and long nap... hmmmmm.... Nope.  Well the tea might happen, but the nap will only mess up my night time sleep.  I am definitely not a nap person. 

I can't get my mind or my fingers to choose to cooperate this morning, my thoughts are bouncing in a million different directions all at once.  So I'm not going to write anymore today, I'm just going to jump into my crazy day.  This feels like work today, not fun and relaxation... 

love and peace everyone... 



1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...