Friday, May 6, 2022

time...

I feel so guilty.  Last night we ended up having to kennel the babies super early, I could not get them to stop jumping.  In all fairness Beau only jumped once - right into daddy's lap.  Belle on the other hand was a complete baby kangaroo, jumping up and down no matter how many times she was told no, no matter how much we tried to sit with her, it wasn't happening.  And of course she is the one that needs to be the calmest.  Please!

This morning is heading in the same direction unfortunately.  I knew Belle would be the problem child, no doubt in my mind.  I mean, yeah Beau wants to sit in a chair, he loves sitting in the recliners all stretched out.  Belle, just bounces around.  And she is the one that figures out how to get her collar off every time. Come on next Friday.  I will be so thankful to let them be happy, busy little (big) puppies again. 

Why are you asking what I am doing mom?


90 pounds of puppy on Hubs legs... oh my...

It's a super rainy morning and I've gotten several alerts of floods, I haven't been to the river walk in about two weeks, but if flooding happens, it will definitely be longer than that. I was checking the weather last night, as Hubs and I were marveling about the fact that we are a week into May and still wearing sweatshirts and long pants most days, seems odd. You can imagine my surprise when I saw that we will hit 95° by Tuesday.  Wait what?  We are going for cold and rainy to heatwave all in the course of a week.  Ugghh... I don't like to be hot.  If I had my way we would live with 80° being the absolute high all the time. Translation for me is that I can't put off the grass seed any longer.  I need to get out there today, rain or not and get those bare spots seeded. Fun. 

So as soon as my babies settle down today I will head out into the yard and make sure the soil in those spots is good and broken and then it's time for seed and soil.  Guess I know what Hubs is doing on his lunch break, as he is a bit of a control freak where seeding is concerned. 


It also means that I need to come up with a cooler spot to move the lettuce tower if I don't want it to bolt before we get to enjoy all of it. It was so very yummy in our salads last night. So were the radishes, which are also coming to the end of their run for the spring season.  They will get woody if they have to endure too much of that brutal direct sunshine.  It's okay, it's time to get the tomatoes and okra in. I can't wait for okra season, we both love it cooked in the air fryer with a bit of seasoning.  

So I guess that is one good thing about the hot weather, this will be the first summer in a long while without a lot of shade on the deck, so we will see how we like it.  I can always bring the umbrella back up and open it. I think... I'm pretty sure we didn't open it once in the past year or so.  Yikes!


I'm hoping to finish up the first sock today.  I think I only have about 3 more inches.  I wasn't at all sure I was going to like these, not my usual color choices, just a skein of yarn that I got super inexpensively.  Evidently I was not the only one unsure about this color combo.  Now, I am in love.  It reminds me of the ocean waves on the sandy beach.  Bonus is that it looks like there will be more than enough to make several pairs of socks.  Who knows, someone might be gifted a pair.  By the time the babies have finished their recovery I will have completed at least one pair. Not a bad use of my supervision time. 

Today's sleeping time is going to include cooking up thirty pounds of tomatoes into a spaghetti sauce.  Hubs has fallen in love with butternut squash noodles and can eat his fill of spaghetti with it or zoodles (not my favorite - it's a texture thing). I refuse to bring grains back into our diet, so I am always on a quest to find suitable alternatives. 

Not sure what the weekend is going to bring, I'm guessing Hubs and I will take turns working on projects and doing the things.  One of us will need to watch the wildings, because unsupervised it is super quick for them to turn into busy little dynamo's. Especially as they are feeling better daily and not really buying the time to rest line that we keep giving them. 

Belle took the bone that Beau had been working on, and he's fairly devastated (that's what happens when you walk away).  Besides sitting there whining at her, he has brought her every toy and bone in the puppy pen trying to get her to trade.  He wants his back, he doesn't want the one that is identical and was probably his yesterday. 

Have I mentioned how much I love my crazy, busy, fulfilling life?  Well my smoothie is gone, I need to refill my coffee and it's time to get with it.

Staying busy is the name of my game.  It brings me balance and joy, how about you?

love and peace... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...