Saturday, May 21, 2022

there are days...

It's so quiet in the house right now.  The pups are snoozing away, Beau has hijacked my chair - literally every time I have gone to sit in it today,  He has definitely been giving me a run for it.  And my sassy Belle doesn't want me to do anything that isn't about her, I love my life!

Hubs is taking a late nap or else he simply decided to call it a night.  I am leaning into column b as it is pushing 7 pm and he hasn't come down.  Nope, he just came down, not sure if he had an alarm set or not, but she's been wanting to see the old movie that is on all week. I have no idea what movie it is, just that it is black and white and full of folks I couldn't even begin to name. 

It was a busy 36 hours, we're all worn out. This beautiful, cold, dark and rainy day is not making it any better.  I almost took a nap myself, but those kind of things insure I don't sleep at night, so I got up and puttered around the house instead. 

It was yard sale day.  And I don't hide my feelings about yard sales.  Today was made much more enjoyable by friends joining us, we helped all of them make a few sales and we had fun hosting the yard sale and trying to keep everyone dry and warm.  It's amazing how much you can put into one garage. 

I didn't end up cleaning any of it up, I ended up leaving all of it sitting there.  Unlike last year we couldn't really drag it to the resale shop, I mean Noah wasn't available to transport and as much rain as came down, we decided it could simply wait. That is a job for tomorrow, or whenever the rain stops.  


Instead we visited with friends.  We talked about silly things, serious things, gardens, canning, the world, jobs and dreams.  We shared two amazing meals together and we just savored life.  It was fantastic. Having people that are part of your tribe hanging out with you for hours makes life feel richer. 



I seriously thought about digging into the day and getting things done after things died down.  Yet as I stretched out on the sofa watching everyone else sleep, I decided I should practice what I preach and take some time to rest.  My chores can wait.  My to do list will still be there. This afternoon was the perfect rainy day to take life slower. 

I had fun talking to folks, trying to understand their likes, dislikes, wants and needs.  It was interesting.  Most folks seemed to be just browsing, some spent hours looking through clothes and talking about needing things.  One guy came up asking me if I had any pocket knives, men's pocket watches or even wrist watches.  He asked about gold coins, silverware, family treasures we wanted to part with.  The conversation was odd.  A bit sleazy, an odd attempt to be sly. He even answered his phone asking the person on the other end why they were bothering him while he was at work. A few argued every price set or made crude comments.  It was an experience.

Yep, it was interesting.

I enjoyed visiting with my Hubs and friends.  Ultimately it ended early, the rain was simply too bad to continue.  The sky was pea green and the winds were roaring, so we closed the garage and sat around socializing.  

Sometimes you simply need to stop for a moment.  Do the things and rest when needed. That's what I've done today.  Tomorrow I will consider being a grown up again. 

love and peace

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...