Friday, May 13, 2022

this world is wonky...

The sun hasn't quite risen yet, the birds are all waking up, the sound of them calling through the trees is one of my favorite sounds.  It calms my soul. I should shut the deck door, but I'm not ready, I need to listen for a bit. 

I don't know what caused me to have a sense of pure anxiety and panic this morning around 3 am.  I'd semi-realized that Hubs was up and moving around, just as I started to drift back to sleep I felt it.  No reason that I know of, everyone is okay (as far as I know), yet there it was that familiar feeling I get when things are wrong in my immediate circle of loved ones.  Anxiety, pressure, the skin on my head feeling like a million bugs are moving just under the surface.  After a few moments it went away, but it sure shot down any chance of going back to sleep.  When folks wake up I will do a check just to make sure it was nothing. Prayers are up and fingers are crossed. 

So question... did anyone else ever watch the original Twilight Zone?  Anyone else starting to feel like we are living it?  So many times lately I am struck by scattered memories of the shows being our reality now. Predictive programming?  Not sure, but wow. 

My daughter made a comment about books and how she couldn't understand anyone buying them in this day and age, you have the internet.  I love books, I love to write and leave notes on my recipes, etc., but when she said it I remembered the episode with the old man in the library.  Burgess Meredith, alone surrounded by stacks of books, finally having time to read and he broke his glasses.  Is that where we are heading? Will everything be digital, no one owning a solid copy?  Will there always be people like me left behind because we love the old ways?


While I was surfing this morning I noticed an article about a dust wall that happened yesterday up in parts of South Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska.  Those were some incredibly fascinating pictures and videos. Terrifying also. It looked like a giant wall of dirt, something straight out of a movie scene.  There haven't been many pictures of the aftermath posted, but those that have been are worrisome.  I've heard a lot of power lines and trees are down.  

I'm sure that these things have been happening forever, I'm not positive, but nature seems to always have a cycle to it.  What I was struck the hardest by was the realization that the pictures this morning were so reminiscent of the ones we grew up learning the dust bowl of the 1930's looked like.  The only difference was the beautiful landscaped yards and homes vs the shacks of the 1930's and of course color photos vs monochrome.

It looks like we have a bit of rain moving in today and sticking around for at least a week. Seems they've been dealing with an ongoing drought, just like most of the western states outside of Oregon and Washington.

I hope the people affected are okay, I didn't read of any loss of life, but definitely loss and destruction of property. My heart hurt.  How much more can we take?  We have large parts of our country on fire again, this has almost become an expected terror in recent years, not sure what we've changed, but something has.  This has been a year of unexpected temperatures in other areas, on both the high and low side of things. And it isn't just our country.  I am fairly sure it was Australia yesterday that had several weeks... maybe months I was just stunned looking at all the water... worth of rain fall in a two day period.

Mother Nature seems to be as angry as most folks are getting. 

To top it off it seems there is something we should all be concerned about with the WHO.  And the possibility of a serious violation of our constitutional rights and the changes are being put forward by our own government.  Don't know about you, but what I am seeing out of China is not something I would like to have happen here in this country.  And it is a distinct possibility.  Again, fairly positive changes like that should need a majority of the country saying yes. Not just an unelected bureaucrat in DC. 

Hmmm... maybe there is another reason I woke up in full anxiety mode today. 


I am getting ready to get busy for the day, I have a lot to do.  With the storms moving in there is yard stuff that has to be finished today.  I need to pick the remaining radishes, it looks like the heat is causing the rest of them to bolt.  Makes me sad, but I knew it would happen.  I was worried about the peas, but it looks like I might actually get some as they are now flowering like crazy. I never did get the tomatoes planted yesterday, so I think I will do that before the sun comes up and starts heating everything up. 

I had Hubs pick up some more tomatoes last night because I realized yesterday that we had officially eaten or gifted the last jar of the stewed tomatoes I had made and Hubs loves them. So I will get those made up today and I have a couple of stews to complete, I was too tired to finish yesterday.  Today is also the day to finish up the chores I haven't made time to complete this week.  



And with the pups officially off of convalescence, it's time to return my house to normal.  Taking things off the furniture and putting them back where they belong.  It will be nice to start moving more freely around our home again. 

So much to do... it's definitely time to get busy... 

love and peace...
 

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs! How do you insert pics? I also blog here but can't figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! In the bar above the text there is a tab to insert pictures. Click on it and add the pictures. And thank you. What is your blog?

      Delete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...