Friday, May 20, 2022

busy. doing. life.

Another busy day here at the homestead.  By 6 am Hubs and I were cleaning out the storeroom downstairs.  Hauling stuff out that has honestly just been shoved there over the years.  Our contribution to the subdivision yard sale is going to be lots of low priced stuff.  I am not looking to pay off the house, I just want it out of my house! 
We also spent a small amount of time organizing the store room.  Very small amount of time, but... every bit is a start. I'm stopping for a short moment, my "good" knee is not happy.  I have been climbing stairs non-stop today and I'm not done.  Have I mentioned that I don't care for yard sales?  Although I do love removing clutter.  So many first world problems in that statement.  

I think I have finally finished removing all of the "professional" clothes from my closet, I'll do another quick look through today.  That was all a part of a life that I have happily left behind and have zero desire to go back to.  There is absolutely no reason to hold on to any of it.  Although I will admit to not being willing to part with my favorite sweaters, yes, I am aware that they are now about 5 sizes too big, but they are just so awesome for curling up in on a dreary day.  The rest of it is moving along, hopefully there is someone out there that needs a very pricey collection of professional clothing for a very, very inexpensive price! 

I'm also getting rid of a couple of briefcases that my sweet Hubs bought me.  They were incredible when I needed them, but they belong to a very different life.  One that I am not going back to, so hopefully there is someone out there that would benefit from them as well. 



As you can see this is definitely not a normal suburban homestead kind of day.  It is simply a time to stay busy and keep moving the needle forward kind of day.  I do have the dehydrator filled and running, but highly doubt I will get any canning done at all.  Simply no time today. 

All of it matters though, every single bit.  

Maybe tomorrow afternoon we will get my new garden bed up and plant the lilacs, it might wait until Sunday, something tells me we will be exhausted come tomorrow afternoon. 
 
So much how yesterday went...

Well, as much as I want to sit here and write, you can tell by the disjointed way I am writing that my mind is in too many places today.  My to do list is banging around up there and my subconscious is telling me to get with it. 

Take care and keep moving forward... 

love and peace...

p.s. Belle and I had a chat yesterday and I told her that she needed to stay still for a few photo's so everyone didn't decide Beau was the favorite... she understood the assignment.

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...