Thursday, May 12, 2022

oh my heart...

Welcome to the mid-west, woke up to steamed up windows, the humidity outside is horrible. Luckily rain is moving in tomorrow evening, which will definitely improve things for a bit.  Being the mid-west it will only help for the moment.  We are moving into the hot, humid season, or hell on earth in my opinion. Oh joy.

I am going to buy a kiddie pool this weekend for the pups, I think they will love it.  Luckily one side of the backyard has a huge tree that keeps it very cool over there, so the pups will have lots of safe areas to enjoy. 

Hubs had the news on this morning, My heart is hurting.  When are people going to wake up?  When are they going to realize that regardless of your political beliefs the way things are going is hurting far too many people? When do we realize that the "people in charge" don't give a crap about the average person?  

Have you ever worked for a company and made the statement that the CEO doesn't care about the little guy?  Have you ever felt like you didn't exist in the company org chart?  That your whole point in being was to make money for the higher ups?

On a national and global scale, that is where we are.  We are simply pawns in a game they are playing.  I'm not sure what the ultimate goal of the game is, but I don't feel that it is the overall success of humanity. 

There was story after story about the lack of baby formula.  Why? I did some research on it last night, because I was hearing a lot of things that simply don't make sense.  Now even less makes sense.  In fact it all makes as much sense as the toilet paper shortage and that was off the chain stupidity.  To the best of my knowledge no one ended up walking around with a dirty bum. 

I could feel the same hype to fear that was so prevalent with the "pandemic".  I could hear that drum beating.  Why in the world would you allow your most vulnerable population to starve?  Or at least threaten to?  Glancing at Twitter and the Book, you have the folks out there beating the drum also.  Pounding it in a steady rhythm. 

Add into that this chirpy, smiling reporter this morning saying that gas is at an all time high and predicted to get higher every day.  All smiling and cheerful.  The reason?  After the pandemic people are finally getting out and about, they are doing things in droves and it is more than the supply can handle.  Odd that it didn't cover the news that our current administration cancelled all oil leases in Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico last night.  I had heard that from several reputable financial reports at about 430 am this morning.  I assure you that has more to do with it than the increase in people going places, because I don't know about where you live, but venues aren't packed to the brim like they were in 2019 around here.  In all my friend and camping groups folks are saying they are staying home more, the price of gas is outrageous.  Heck even the campgrounds aren't filling up. 

So you have food becoming harder to buy for a plethora of reasons.  You have gas becoming to pricey to drive anymore than you have to.  What is the plan here?  Sending more money to overseas?  We are not the worlds bank.  They have other neighbors with a far more vested interest in their sovereignty, why are we the only fools stepping up and why isn't being voted on by we the people - we are in a crisis of our own and our government seems to keep turning a blind eye to it.  Having stupid trials clogging the airspace to distract you?  Seriously, I couldn't care the least about Johnny and Amber.  Anymore than I cared about Ben and Jennifer or Brad and the other Jennifer, or well any of that stupid Hollywood crap.  Stuff leaking out of the Supreme Court to stir up more anxiety and drama?  

What are we being distracted from? What are they trying to accomplish?  Because frankly, I don't think our beautiful country has many more days left.  I am fearful that we the masses have become uneducated, uninformed controlled asses (sorry for my bluntness).  We are not taking care of our own responsibilities, we are allowing a detached and single focused group to control everything.  

I'm tired of watching this.  I'm tired of lifting everything up to God and expecting to have the change we need.  God is there, but we are expected to lift the weight, we have to actually participate in the solution.  It isn't going to be handed to us on a silver platter. 

Sorry if this feels like a rant.  It is a rant.  I'm tired of the massive fear mongering, I'm tired of the "well there is nothing we can do mentality".  I am tired of everyone waiting around for someone to save them.  

I don't think anyone is going to save us.  We have to do it ourselves. 

There are many recipes out there for solutions to the baby formula crisis.  Goats milk, recipes, etc.  Prior to the inception of mass production formula, people fed their babies.  Not every mother nursed for whatever reason.  Babies weren't dying of starvation.  Some of the comments I read broke my heart into a million pieces.  I understand medically fragile babies.  I truly do.  But for the most part, we have been programmed that if we don't do what the nice pediatricians and three letter groups say our babies will die horrible deaths. 

I didn't nurse my eldest, my mom told me I was too nervous to do it and I believed her.  I was a young mom and didn't have a wealth of knowledge to lean into.  The stuff you don't learn in the education system is vast.  She was on formula until about 3 months old, when the extreme projectile vomiting started I took her off of it and just used good old cows milk.  Surprisingly, much to the dismay of the pediatrician, the vomiting stopped and she thrived. 

My youngest was nursed.  He refused a bottle, wouldn't even remotely consider it. Even when it was filled with breast milk and we tried every available nipple on those bottles. The pediatrician informed me he was simply spoiled and would eat if he got hungry enough.  I was absolutely appalled, I asked her if that was the method she used with her babies.  Her answer... I don't have children and don't want any.  The fact that he is 31 years old and I can remember the conversation as clearly as it just happened should tell you the impact it had.  At seven months old that sweet boy weaned himself and switched over to using a sippy cup, mostly filled with "bubble water" because he loved it so much.  FYI - he also thrived. 

Karo disturbs me... but... 

There are ways to work around almost anything.  Maybe the government isn't going to approve of it, but let's be honest, I can't be the only one feeling like the government does not even remotely have our best interests at heart. 

1942 canning book... 



I am not going to allow myself to linger in these defeatist thoughts for long.  I am going to lean into the knowledge and the ingenuity of my ancestors and those that walked this path the last time it happened.  Is it more work, of course it is.  Is it worth it, you better believe it. I can't play in this playground that is being created for us, it goes against who I am as a human. 

Together we will make it.  The division that keeps getting stirred up, the haves and have nots being created, the "sections" - anyone else starting to feel like they are in a bad version of the hunger games?

Okay, I know that I am not in a clear head-space. I know I could go on for hours pleading with folks to pay attention, to step out into nature, turn off the "tell a vision" and to focus your heart on what is important. So instead of beating my own drum loudly enough to deafen others, I am going to instead focus on that drums rhythm and do the work needed for me and mine. 

love and peace...




1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...