Thursday, May 19, 2022

hustle kind of day...

Whew.  Yep that describes me right this minute.  Hard to believe it is already 9:30 am.  It's been a hustle type morning, all except for the thirty minutes that Beau decided he needed snuggles.  I mean, who can resist puppy snuggles from the melty boy?  He 100% just melts when you let him sit in your lap.  I guess that makes up for yesterday, which was a slow motion kind of day. 

Just got home from the girls' house, I potted up a bunch of her mint that was growing insanely in her strawberry bed.  Now she can sell small pots at her yard sale and her strawberry bed is thriving again. The bonus was the big batch of ones that broke to close to the roots to be potted, those are going to be a nice refreshing mint tea for me. 

It's coming up to yard sale crunch time.  Hubs got some tables for me, so I will start setting and loading them up. Lots of work to do the next few days.  I simply want to be done with some of this stuff.  It's not things we use anymore, so hopefully someone else is looking for a bargain and something they need.  

I will admit that I am looking at things from a very different perspective lately though.  It truly has to be something that we are absolutely not going to use for anything to get rid of it.  If it's clothing that I can alter, well... guess what is getting altered.  Shoes... if they are practical and fit, they might not be going anywhere.  

Honestly, I am getting very concerned for the state of not just our country, but the world.  At what point do people put their foot down and say enough?  I mean I know I've been saying it for a long time.  But sooner or later there has to be a massive no, a global no.  A serious push back.  

Seriously, have you been outside of your house lately?  I had to run to the store last night.  Hubs had gassed up my car so I haven't been to the gas station in a bit.  I was sick to my stomach to see $4.49 a gallon for regular.  I was also humored greatly to see what appeared to be a good old fashioned price war.  The corporate gas station on the corner was at $4.49 and the parking lot and pumps were empty.  Usually there is at least someone using the car wash or shop.  But nope, it was completely empty.  Right across the intersection the 7-11 which is usually empty was selling gas for $4.27 a gallon and had lines out into the road. I don't know if he didn't get the message that all gas stations are required to price gouge at the same rate or if he just said screw it, people need gas and a little of something is better than a lot of nothing.  I have no idea, but bravo hero, bravo!

The last couple of times I went to the grocery store I was dumb struck.  By several things, the lack of products and the high prices.  Granted American's are very, very spoiled and we are used to having everything we could possibly dream of, but dang.  When basics are hard to come by, there is a problem brewing.  A big one. 

Later today I will run out to the feed store, a few of my tomato plants do not look like they are going to make it.  I don't want to wait too long to replace them, as there are not many left available, seems everyone is growing gardens this year. And it is far too late in the season to start them from seed again. Poo.

I saw on the news this morning that Target is having a really bad year financially.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of that, in fact as I read the article and the comments I had to really process what I was reading.  When are people going to remember there was a time that folks paid less than $10,000 for a home and bread and milk were around a nickle.  And salaries were much lower.  But here's the thing, folks were complaining about not making enough money to afford things.  Truth is... currency is a game. It's arbitrary and never set in our favor.  Think about it. Seriously, think about it. 

I don't know if you order from Amazon, I do.  Only because I hate to shop.  Although I feel I will be stopping shopping from them fairly soon, I'm getting annoyed.  I pay for Prime, it's a good deal.  What is not a good deal is that every time I order lately I get notice after notice that my order is going to be delayed.  I guess they are suffering the same issues as everyone else, but I am tired of being told when I order that my order will arrive on X day and then find out later on X day that oops... it's not going to be there like we said... it might be another day or two.  

Why?  Because they delivered it to the post office to be delivered. Why is that?  New contract?  An attempt to boost up the postal service?  I don't know.  What I do know is that I am getting fed up. I don't mind waiting, but tell me that up front so I can make an informed decision regarding using your business as opposed to another. Just like I will rarely order from companies that ship with FedEx, our FedEx delivery folks are just downright awful. 

Dad will you share your snack?

Okay, well my blood pressure is starting to go up, so it's time to get my shower taken and get back to work.  Like I said this was a day that I hit the ground running.  I have mint tea to make and I am going to prep some yummy zucchini chips to put in the dehydrator. Definitely time to get back to taking care of business... 

love and peace...

p.s. Our sweet Belle is still very, very loved and adored... it's just super hard to get pictures of her anymore as she is always on the move. Still and calm are not in her vocabulary. 





1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...