Wednesday, May 25, 2022

deeper thoughts...

Is it crazy that I stood out in the treetop garden this morning thankful for the rain?  I'm tired today, more than that I am crazy sore.  I was brutally reminded yesterday that I am not in my 30's any longer. I spent my morning helping the Hubs.  He has a huge, labor intensive project and just like the rest of the world, not enough staff to accomplish the task.  I did it for him.  I will do it again.  Four straight hours of pressure washing is tough on a body that is closer to 60 than it is to 30 (Yikes... I just realized how very true that statement is... 3 years and a few months... how in the world did that happen?).

I promised to help finish it and I 100% will.  Seems there are not a lot of folks with the old work ethic around these days.  Feels like folks are more concerned with themselves and their successes and not so much about team work.  Besides it felt good to do something to help.  As a general rule, I don't volunteer my time anymore to certain activities, it doesn't have the same warm fuzzy that it used to.  For my Hubs... now that is an entirely different story.  If you know me well, you know that I am fierce about protecting my family. 

Since the rain is promising me a day of inside work, that is where my focus will be.  I need to run up to the grocery store here shortly, I ran out of sugar free pectin and want to get my sugar free blackberry jellies made today.  I also want to get the sugar free peach made also.  I only managed to finish up my Dijon mustard yesterday, after a morning drenched to the bone pressure washing, I was too exhausted to do much else.


I think I will have to make cowboy candy with all 
these red jalapeno's.  Should be pretty.

I never re-read my blogs after I have written them.  Maybe I should, I don't know.  I know I was on a bit of a roll the other day.  In fact, Hubs may have labeled me a "rantress" "if that is even a word".  Although he didn't disagree. While I was working yesterday I had the opportunity to catch up on a few of the vlogs that I am behind on, I don't think that I am alone in my concerns. 

Sri Lanka is just the canary in the coal mine.  Listening to mainstream information they are predicting a diesel shortage with rationing going on.  I'm concerned.  I'm also concerned about the sudden upswing in shootings.  I heard about the one in Texas last night and wanted to throw up.  

Do you question them?  I do.  Because we go for very long periods of time without anything like it and then suddenly... BOOM... there is a new one happening a couple of times a week.  It usually coincides with major events so as to distract us, it also always is immediately followed (in this case within hours) for a call to disarm the public.  

We have to start thinking far more logically about these things.  We have to start really thinking it through.  Stop accepting the media's story and start digging into what is really going on.  The reason I say this, I live in a larger city with an even larger urban area.  I rarely go downtown any longer, because of the fact that there are so many murders.  Not as bad as say Chicago, Detroit or say Baltimore, but still a substantially large number.  And who knows it could be more than those cities again, I don't work downtown any longer and don't really follow the statistics. 

Yes a mass shooting is horrific and I hope that everyone of the shooters rots in a hot spot for eternity. But the day to day shootings are larger in scope and no one is raising a concern on those.  Ironically, most of the places where gun violence is rampant are "gun free zones", I would assume a criminal feels fairly secure in the knowledge that they won't get shot there.  Our constitution gives us the right to bare arms.  So a gun free zone is a violation of the constitution.  Why are we always balking at the constitution.  If you want to have a gun, have a gun.  

What you cannot do is use that gun to murder.  That is a crime, already on the books, although at least in my city the prosecutors return those murders to the streets almost faster than they can arrest them. So what is the real problem?  The gun?  Or the human?

I am deeply in pain for those parents and loved ones.  I am also deeply in pain for the families of all the victims of random crime daily, where is that spotlight?  Where is the call to pay attention?  To see that the young man of yesterday had posted pictures on social media with his weapons and thoughts days before... that made me ill.  That means people knew he had issues that were bubbling.  But let's focus on the gun, an inanimate object that cannot act on it's own.  

There have been many other methods used to kill people.  Not just guns.  In the past few decades... there have been bombs made from fertilizer, pressure cookers, or possibly even planes (although, again I have my doubts).  What is the deeper reason here? What are we being distracted from?  Is it the skyrocketing cost of fuel?  Or groceries?  The fact that these incredibly weird weather patterns are affecting crops, particularly wheat (no I don't eat it, but millions do).  Or maybe it is they are trying to sneak in another "illness", ya know the one that has been around since the 50's?

When you have time to be still, to not be focused on the day to day distractions of a career, school, etc you also have time to process what is going on around you. The more I have that quiet time, the more questions I have.  As I am chopping or prepping for my next canning adventure I have lots of time to think about things.  Or when I am sitting quietly knitting or sewing.  While I am in my garden.  During these activities I am not worried about staffing, upcoming deadlines, budgets or anything else.  I am focused on our life.  When that noise level is so peaceful, there is so much that becomes bright and clear. 

All around us businesses are closing.  Rents are being raised on the small businesses by mega corporations that benefit either way, if it is filled they have income, if it is sitting empty they have a tax write off.  If the community suffers because of it, they really don't care. Some of them can't get inventory or supplies.  And most are struggling to figure out a business model that doesn't require as many people to keep the doors open. 

Could I go back to work, fill one of those holes.  Of course.  But that isn't what I want to do with my life, it isn't what Hubs wants me to do. Will I if needed, of course.  For us that isn't a need at this moment.  For this moment I am focused on what Hubs and I need.  I have a good number of friends that also see what is going on in a different light than the media wants us to.  They struggle with finding time for the things that I am able to do right now.  They worry about the rising costs and how to make ends meet.  They also know that an increase in pay is only going to equal an increase in costs, so you live in that proverbial catch 22.  

I don't have solutions.  I absolutely don't have answers.  There are people that are far more intelligent and forward thinking than I am that are going to come forward with those.  I feel more like the one that will be there to help fill the gap while these things are sorted out.  My old fashioned soul will help others learn.  Thinking about the passion with sour dough breads that occurred in 2020, was that a warning shot to learn to be self-sufficient?  I don't know.  

Today will involve some canning, a bit of sewing (I have to hem a set of curtains to block the blazing sun that we encounter each summer), a run to the grocery store (yes, I am up for the dose of panic and depression it will bring), cleaning my house and getting dinner ready for a visit from our eldest.  I'm not going to be working on solutions to global issues.  I'm going to be focusing on what I am feeling called to do by my heart and soul during those quiet times.  I'm working on the smallest of issues.  Maybe if we are all focusing on the smallest of issues instead of all the distractions, we might accidentally solve a lot of those huge issues. 

I offer it every time I think about it.  I am available to share any knowledge I have acquired over my lifetime, I am a sponge for any new knowledge you want to share with me.  I will always bow my head and lift up a prayer request the moment I see it, and I will always focus on sending love and light into our universe.  

The thing is, none of us are wrong, we are all looking at things through different lenses and perceptions.  Some of us are being shown things very differently than others.  The trick is how do we work together to reach the pure truth?  

Who knows... I don't... I'm just going to keep on, keeping on.  I'm going to pay attention to what is going on around me and I am going to focus on a better future for all of us.  Sadly, I feel in my heart that we are going deeper into a very dark time, and that it is only united and together that we come out on the other side to love and light.  Count me in, I'm prepared to be someone that is willing to work together to get there. 

Mom!!!  She took my bone again....

Okay... that is enough... I need to get busy doing the things and processing my feelings and thoughts along with tomatoes, peaches and blackberry juice.  And possibly some jalapeno's before they die on the vine. 

peace and love...   



1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...