Monday, May 16, 2022

best life...

Did you see the eclipse?  Was it spectacular?  I saw a bit of it, I was far to exhausted to stay awake for the entire thing. Besides it's simply not as much fun when there isn't anyone to share in the wonder of it with.  Hubs stayed awake for the entire thing, but truthfully with his view and the fact he was hanging with friends, I can't say I blame him at all.  His view was unmarred by light pollution and clouds.  I loved waking up to pictures of the entire thing.  It was so unbelievably beautiful. 

I love Trout Lodge and would definitely go there more often if they were pet friendly or had an RV campground.  

Back here in town, it is another busy day.  In typical Midwest fashion it is sunny and cold.  After 90° or hotter 54° feels pretty darn cold.  Perfect for the work I intend to do today.  My to do list is pretty long and I don't have much time this morning to simply relax.  But everyone deserves a quiet wake up with their coffee. 

The pups are close enough I could touch them.  They are both in trouble, so I'm not.  They are not taking it well.  I hate being upset with them.  I stink at being the mean parent.  But... I really need them to stop going outside for an hour and coming inside and using the bathroom.  It is not okay.  That means I have more work to tackle today, as I now need to extract a couple of carpets.  I'm quite upset with them. I guess they will have to lay there and give me the puppy eyes, because I have to get them to understand.  I hate that soul crushed look they get when told they are bad babies.  Ugghhh... I'm not cut out for being the disciplinarian. 


I can hear a little bird outside chirping away, I am guessing he's letting me know that I have been neglecting my bird feeding duties.  Actually those duties belong to Hubs, but he's been a bit crazy busy, so I took them over.  Evidently, not well.  I guess I will add it to today's to do list.  I just climbed out of bed and I am tired already. 

Haha, no I'm not.  Here's the thing I am realizing about my life.  When you are doing things that fill your soul and make your life feel complete, your body might get weary and ready to give up, but you don't get tired.  You have reserves of energy that seem boundless. 

My Dad was fond of saying "do something you love and you will never work a day in your life".  It's attributed to so many folks I don't know where it originated. It has tons of minor tweaks and each person claims it as their own.  At first it seemed like a fairytale to me, work wasn't meant to be fun, it was work. I figured it was something he said to motivate us to do more, Dad was like that, he always pushed us girls to be more and do more. 

I finally understand.  I finally get it.  Maybe the reason I didn't leave school knowing what I wanted to do with my life, is because what I wanted to do wasn't really an option.  I want to do exactly what I am doing.  And thankfully I am blessed to be married to a wonderful man that has always wanted a 1950's style housewife.  I think he might have gotten a 1930's version, but I don't think he is complaining in the least. 





I am happiest taking care of my family, my puppies, my garden, my home, creating usable art and providing for the good of those around me.  I can work tirelessly at those things and never find myself in the funk that I used to feel. 




I might get bodily weary.  There are days I marvel at the fact that I don't even really have time for long walks and still break over 4 miles walked while never leaving my suburban homestead.  It's crazy to me.  I don't bring a traditional paycheck to our home, but my labor and work does bring a financial benefit to it, it makes Hubs' paycheck go even further for us. It's a win/win. 

Well as much as my legs might be enjoying this time spent sitting here and relaxing, my to do list needs care.  I have a lot to accomplish this week.  And it's time to get busy doing the things that bring me joy.  I am living my best life and it feels great!

Are you living yours?

love and peace

photo's of the eclipse - credit goes to the Hubs!

1 comment:

  1. Confucius said make a job out of something you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life. Great BLOG. 381+

    ReplyDelete

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...