Friday, July 1, 2022

so many questions...

It's another beautiful morning, I could seriously get used to this.  We didn't have a fire this morning, honestly the humidity is a touch too high for that today.  When even a mild 70° makes you feel like sticky and hot, it is not fire weather. 

Hubs and I have quite a to do list we want to tackle today.  We seem to be a touch behind on our honey do's, and want to enjoy the rest of the weekend. We've been working on it off and on this morning while enjoying our morning coffee in the garden and relaxing.  Today is supposed to be a scorcher, so we will tackle most of the outside stuff early today.  Before the heat gets far too high and the storms that are promised roll in. 

I am struggling to believe that we are already halfway through the year.  Where does the time go?  It's unbelievable. I mean just on a daily basis it flies past, but lately, it feels like I can't keep track of anything.  All week I was a day ahead.  Convinced that it was a full day further than it was, yet here it is Friday (finally) and now I don't know what to do with this day.  It still feels like I'm on a different day.  

I didn't get everything done yesterday, so the herbs just made it into the dehydrator.  I wonder if I am planning too much into the day, or if I am just being a slacker.  Truthfully, time feels super fluid and I am constantly trying to figure out the who, what and why's of my time lately. 

I was talking to my friend yesterday and she literally said the same thing.  So it can't just be me. Anyone else feeling a bit lost in time lately?

Add to that all of the insanity in the world lately, and my head is buzzing. I was listening to my favorite YouTube channel again yesterday and it broke my heart.  She was talking about adopting 4 little barn kitties and talking about her experience at the shelter.  It seems at least in her area, that many people are losing their homes and having to surrender their fur babies.  Mostly dogs.  My heart just cracked in two.  I could not for a second understand the pain that must be creating.  For the families and the fur babies.  Definitely not an okay factor.  Then I also struggle with all the babies that don't have homes.  If I lived out in the country with a lot of acreage I would rescue them all. My pups are my heart.  I have never surrendered one and I never will. I did leave one with my mom, he loved her to bits and he was simply too old to survive another flight across the ocean. I knew where he was and that he was loved for every minute of his life. If I had been required to surrender one, I would have been devastated. 

What is going on in this world of ours?  I'm reading about shortages globally now and even some countries rationing things like sugar, oils and flour.  Most of the ready made foods contain those three ingredients in a big way.  So... I am guessing we can expect more shortages in those areas.  There is strange stuff being bounced around out there.  I hope you are paying attention. 

Trying to buy puppy food is getting crazy difficult.  Luckily they are almost a year old now, so I can switch to adult food. I'd just logged in to my autoship account only to find out the food they have been on their whole lives is no longer available and they don't know when it will be.  I looked for potentially a different flavor of the same brand and over half of their products are not available.  Period. Unbelievable.  We are running into the same problems with other items we usually purchase also.  Gotta order my babies a good supply of food, I refuse to feed them the junk that is filled with nothing but bi-products.  

Well for the second day in a row my internet is being super squirrely so... I am going to take that as a sign that it is time to stop this and get busy with doing the things....

Have a wonderful day... 

love and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...