Friday, July 8, 2022

enough...

I've been sitting here trying to decide if I am going to write or not.  I'm in a very dark and fed up mood right now.  And I am sure that some of what I am going to write is going to tick off some folks.  In fact I'm positive it will.  So... do I write it?  Or do I continue to let it boil inside me and ruin my day?  

I write for myself, I am going to continue in that vein.  If I hurt your feelings or sensibilities, I'm sorry.  I am beyond fed up.  

Hubs has had a headache for about a week.  It's been one of those that acetaminophen won't touch.  He's tried allergy meds feeling like that might be the problem, I mean every allergen known is running wild right now.  That didn't help either. He has a history of sinus infections, so it wasn't a huge stretch after eliminating the rest of it, to feel that was probably the problem.  

At about the seven day mark, I suggested it might be time to get a doctors appointment.  After spending the majority of the day yesterday trying to schedule one, he was finally informed that the only appointment he could have was virtual.  I mean he might have the vid after all.  Excuse me? 

My temper is off the charts right now.  He has absolutely no symptoms of the vid, he even took one of those "tests", but can't be seen in person.  Nope, not allowed, but hey pay your $25 co-pay and we will schedule you for a video meeting with the nurse practitioner. 

So... let's see if I get this straight, you can't examine him physically.  You can't check his blood pressure, you are taking his word for his weight (when you prescribe him medications - isn't accuracy kind of important there?) and you are going to provide this service? Wait, did I actually use the word service?

No, I'm sorry this isn't service, nor is this practicing medicine.  This is just a further example of our sick care that we are stupid enough to call healthcare. Does the grocery store clerk get to say call it in? How about the gas station attendant?  The trash-man?  The person working at your local fitness center or restaurant?  Just checking!

He received a call about 15 minutes before his "appointment" to get information. 

It went like this:

Nurse: You have an appointment this morning. Can you tell me why we are seeing you?

Hubs: Yes I have an appointment, about 9 days ago....

Nurse: (Interrupting)... did you take a covid test... 

Hubs: Yes

Nurse: When

Hubs: couple days ago

Nurse: are you vaccinated?

It continued on in this manner for a bit... The "nurse" never did listen to why he was being seen, couldn't have cared less evidently.  Then informed him to log on and go wait in the "virtual waiting room".  

You simply cannot make this up!!!  Stop it people, simply stop it! 

Twenty five minutes later, it appears you are correct and you do have a sinus infection.  I will send in a script for steroids and go buy all of these medications over the counter.  Seems you have a history of this. 

I'm sorry.  We paid for you to write a script based on his medical history?  Are you kidding me? 

I'm beyond fed up with what we are accepting as health care.  I'm over the pill pushing and the lack of true care.  I long for the days of doctors that would actually speak with you, examine you and then prescribe a medication based on knowledge, only if it was truly needed.  Not someone that types your symptoms into a computer and waits for it to tell them what you need, that is nothing but a glorified search engine.  And I have literally watched my doctor do that and when questioning about alternatives listened to "well, I don't have any first hand knowledge but this is what is recommended, and most people do well with it."

I am disgusted by how we are being treated.  How about looking at things a bit more holistic... oh wait... the drug lords won't get their money if they do that.  How about addressing all of the crap in our food, our environment, etc... how about that?

I saw a meme yesterday that saddened me to my very core.  It was a bunch of docs in lab coats, with "sponsors" on it.  Asking should they have to wear their sponsors like race car drivers do.  Absolutely!

Never in my life have I seen such a huge proliferation of medical facilities and so much of our society filled with sick and unhealthy people, doesn't it concern you? Why? Why is it that the people that I know that avoid medical facilities are the healthiest?  Think about it for a dang minute... PLEASE!  

I am so blessed to have been seen by a doctor that genuinely practiced health care when I needed my knee replaced.  If I had been seen by more doctors prior to that were all about genuine health care, I may never have reached the point of needing it replaced. But they weren't interested in my over all health, they were interested in putting chemicals of all sorts into my body.  Never addressing my need to become healthy. 

No one stopped to say, let's talk about diet, let's chat about exercise, let's talk about how to change these things and WHY.  Nope, it was take this pill, this shot, this injection... oh add this for inflammation, add this for pain, add that for... Not read this label and look for this, read that label and understand that it will harm you, walk 30 minutes a day, do these stretches to strengthen these muscles which will support... you get the picture. Not one of them prior took a moment to see the damage the counter acting medications were doing to my body, just prescribe, prescribe, prescribe....

Lately I've noticed a ton of advertisements, on literally every form of media I look at for medications, weight loss - drugs, etc.  It's a barrage. Since meeting my knee doctor, I have been in a very different mindset.  I have learned so many things that fly straight in the face of the approved narrative around healthcare. 

Today, was an even bigger tipping point for me. Today, it felt like my eyes were not simply opened, they were ripped open!  That nurse practitioner was nothing but a pill pusher.  She had zero first hand knowledge of anything, for pities sake she couldn't even take his temperature or blood pressure.  She accepted his self diagnosis and wrote a script. 

Because she is afraid of getting the vid?  I thought vaccines and masks worked?  I can't.  I simply can't. Our medical system is becoming an absolute joke.  And if you are a in that field, I'm sorry if you are offended and I am equally sure that at no point do you intend to do harm.  It isn't the people, they are all there for the purest of reasons - to care for people.  To ease illness and help. There are some areas of our medical system that are priceless and full of hope.  

It is the system that is broken. Not the people, not the compassion, the system.  It's how hospitals and "care" facilities are being managed, it's those administrators.  The ones that are hand in hand with the insurance companies.  It isn't those with compassion and love for their fellow man. 

I can't any more, I just can't. 

Please understand that I am not saying do away with doctors, hospitals or anything of the sort.  My own mother has had her life saved by hospitals, my great nephew is alive because of amazing doctors and surgeons, my Hubs and I both have benefited from amazing surgeons that took the oath of do no harm seriously.  

That isn't what I am saying at all.  What I am saying is that we need to look at "health" care differently.  We need to learn more, we need to not be pharmaceutical guinea pigs and piggy banks. 

If you are going to practice medicine, then dang well get your hands dirty, educate yourself beyond the standard texts, question methods and procedures and take care of people.  

Okay... I'm going to shut up, if I upset you... sorry... we are each entitled to think and feel for ourselves.  This is how I am thinking and feeling right now.  And this is not okay. 

love and peace...

1 comment:

my brother's keeper...

I've been sitting here in the silence for a few hours now.  Did my usual daily stuff and then decided to simply drink my water and play ...